Ares Games

Thread: Pros and cons.

Default Pros and cons.

I have just found myself praising Ares and in the next breath calling them a number of rude names which I shall not detail.
    I was just putting my latest acquisition, a JU87B, away into mt KR case with it's three brothers. Firstly I was highly impressed with the set of included decals and the decaless model to put them on. High praise for Ares was the result. I then noticed that there was no Swastika on the rudder but a standard iron cross place diagonally. Political correctness gone too far I think hence the rude words. It's only actual history after all, and not a current day political statement.
    Do we have to put up with this or is it that Germany is a lucrative market for Aeres?

Isn't the symbol illegal in Germany?

It doesn't matter about PC, nor the German market. The Swastika was almost outlawed in the European Union, and remains outlawed in several countries in Europe, and in uses around the world, including being considered offensive in some video games.

If you look at current model kits, all representations of swastikas are done as a two-part decal, so the kits don't get banned in Europe.

Wikipedia - Swastika
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I prefer historical accuracy on the markings, but I also understand that they gotta operate in countries where the markings are banned. Third party decals?

What annoys me far more is the assumption that everyone knows that the included markings are waterslide decals, and automatically must also know the best method to apply those teeny, tiny things...

Similar Missions

1. Upcoming mini-cons
    By zenlizard in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-27-2017, 15:08
  2. Pity There's No Gaming Cons In Tonopah, NV...
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-19-2015, 14:36
  3. Anyone got a Template for a WoG/ Forum Flyer for Cons?
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 14:27