Ares Games

Thread: "the Darkest Hour"

Hybrid View

Question "the Darkest Hour"

G'day folks!
    Has anyone else watched the Trailer for this Movie to be released here in Australia in early January.
    It stars the excellent Gary Oldman as Winston Churchill & seems to cover the Dunkirk & Battle of Britain period of the War.

I have seen the trailers and it looks good. I think it comes out here soon so may have to go see it. I saw Dunkirk and thought it was good. I don't go to the movies often so is a new experience for me.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I have seen the trailers and it looks good. I think it comes out here soon so may have to go see it. I saw Dunkirk and thought it was good. I don't go to the movies often so is a new experience for me.
    I am much like you Bob. Only went twice this year but this did look good.

I hope it is better than Dunkirk.

Checking to see when it is in my area and nothing yet but when it is I will go see it.

Gary I thought DUNKIRK was good. I know it was confusing to go from on time to another but for me was good.

Here is the trailer.

The film has not yet been released in the U.K. but I think that I might try to watch it.

Quite good. Go seek it out. My wife, neither a WWII nor history afficianado also enjoyed it.

Thanks for posting the trailer David Had not seen it before. Interesting Not sure what to think though!

Just checked and the movie is playing next week. I think a Monday morning will be the day to see it. Looking forward to seeing it.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-04-2017, 13:10
  2. "Salute" 22-04-2017 Game #1 - "Bloody April"
    By Flying Helmut in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-21-2017, 10:48
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2015, 07:12
  4. WGF & WGS: Wings of Glory at "Etna Comics" and "Settimo in Gioco" (Italy, September 2012)
    By Angiolillo in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-13-2012, 09:19
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-01-2012, 02:39