Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wings of War Series 4 Reprints!

I had not considered buying the next round of Breguets, but I would definitely get those.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallo Rojo View Post
    As far as I know the SE5a he flew in Voss' last stand had a drumbell (blue or white depending on diferent sources) in the rear fuselage as unit's marking. The white stripe was a later change
    You're not wrong, I was referring to the machine B4863 rather than the paint job. The dumbell markings were the first unit markings issued to 56 sqn, and at that time the flights painted the dumbells in their colours - A: White; B: Blue; C: Red. If things didn't change then McCudden's would have blue dumbells in the Voss fight. The 18" white band came in a couple of days after that encounter on 25th Sep '17.
    It would be nice if Ares did the dumbell version then with a quick lick of white paint we could have the later option.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

The third Breguet Br.14 A2 flown by 1st Lt. Gilbert Stanley and 2nd Lt. H.T. Folger is from the U.S. 96th Aero Squadron.

Here is a quotation from 'WW1 96th Aero Squadron History' about a raid in 1918. The document is available on Scribd.

"The 96th brought down two more enemy scouts out of 15 encountered on a raid to Danvillers October29th. 1st Lt Gilbert Stanley, pilot, and 2nd Lt. H. T. Folger, observer, were wounded in the combat and forced to land at a hospital near Verdun."

Here are two pictures of 96th Squadron Breguets. I do not know whether either of them was Stanley and Folger's machine but you can see the squadron's emblem.

Name:  Breguet_14-a-2-96-Aero-Squadron-sn-10-300px.png
Views: 622
Size:  14.4 KBName:  Breguet_14-a-2-96-Aero-Squadron-sn-24-4891-300px.png
Views: 776
Size:  11.8 KB

Hello!

Their is machine on the left, # 10, serial 4876.

This is a good example of a new little page you could add to the Wiki of Glory!

Hello!

I updated the Wiki of Glory to make clear which planes were in the Dogfight booster pack, which were in the Wings of War Series 4 and which will be in the Wings of Glory reprint. See Wings of Glory Airplane Packs Series 4 here:

http://www.wikiofglory.info/index.php?title=Products

Here you have the list of all S.E.5/S.E.5a:

http://www.wikiofglory.info/index.php?title=S.E.5a

The structure is there. You are warmly invited to add details on these planes and to add pages for the quoted squadrons and pilots as you like. Please use previous pages as models to copy and adapt. Details here:

http://www.wikiofglory.info/index.ph...Of_Glory:About

Thumbs up

Many thanks for those links Andrea.
    Rep Inbound!

Andrea,

Back in May on BGG you mention that you hoped to reissue the DH.2 "within the year". Is this still in the works of did plans shift with T&T and the series 4 reprints?

It's still in the plans, but I do not know when.

Great to hear. One of those, a ballon and an Eindekker would be perfect birthday presents this year!

Quote Originally Posted by Togo View Post
    Andrea,

Back in May on BGG you mention that you hoped to reissue the DH.2 "within the year". Is this still in the works of did plans shift with T&T and the series 4 reprints?
    I got all 3 DH.2s at a FLGS "we're changing locations" sale a few years back for ~$5 each. Had I known then what I know now, I'd have bought every WGS/WGF item they had left!!!

Is it there any time line for a new reprint of Series 1?

Not seen anything official Ezekiel but my understanding was it would be about the same time as the Tripod KS release which would make sense as four of them feature in the bundles

Thanks Dave!
    I have a cople of Albatros DV and Camels waiting for repainting and I dont want to do anything until I know which new schemes will be released -- it happened to me in the past that a mini I spent time on repainting was later released as a new oficial reprint

Yeah, I don't blame you Ezekiel, that's really frustrating ! Hopefully we'll get some hard news soon.

I know that the pilots for the Series 4 reprint planes have already been chosen but with the advent of teh balloons reprint it seems a pity that Andrew Beauchamp-Proctor's S.E.5a was not included since he was the R.F.C./R.A.F.'s top balloon busting ace.

Name:  cleaverse5e.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  28.5 KBName:  andrew_fw_beauchamp_proctor_large.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  7.9 KB

We'd need half a dozen repaints at least, for the S.E.5a. Your wallets scream: "Not all together!"

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    We'd need half a dozen repaints at least, for the S.E.5a. Your wallets scream: "Not all together!"
    Hah! my wallet has been beaten into submission a few hundred planes ago....
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Ha! My wallet was turned into a newt.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Ha! My wallet was turned into a newt.
    Mine got better................
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Series 3 reprints news
    By john snelling in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-10-2015, 16:30
  2. WGF: Series 2 Reprints
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 720
    Last Post: 09-23-2014, 09:55
  3. Series 1 Reprints in the UK
    By David Manley in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-06-2013, 07:48
  4. Yee--Haa! Series One reprints dispatched!!!!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 01-20-2013, 11:07