Ares Games

Thread: Using Matching Maneuver Decks

Default Using Matching Maneuver Decks

I often like using the same planes, with different paint jobs or markings, on a side during a game. One minor problem I've run across in those games is the maneuver cards getting mixed up from the matching lettered decks of those planes. Although each card is numbered it is a bit of a hassle going through each deck checking for missing or duplicate numbers, particularly in the middle of a game. The very small print of the numbers doesn't help either. I've thought of going through the decks and putting a small colored dot next to the number of each card in a maneuver deck. The "C" deck of Barker's Camel would have a blue dot on each card and the "C" deck of Ellwood's Camel would have a red dot on each card and so on. Has anyone else seen this as a problem and come up with a similar or different solution?

I placed a series of black dots on the backs of my damage cards to help sort them after a game. It has worked out really well. I would think your colored dot system would do just fine.

If you are worried about marking your cards, you could use the protective sleeves and then mark those.

Quote Originally Posted by Coog View Post
    I often like using the same planes, with different paint jobs or markings, on a side during a game. One minor problem I've run across in those games is the maneuver cards getting mixed up from the matching lettered decks of those planes. Although each card is numbered it is a bit of a hassle going through each deck checking for missing or duplicate numbers, particularly in the middle of a game. The very small print of the numbers doesn't help either. I've thought of going through the decks and putting a small colored dot next to the number of each card in a maneuver deck. The "C" deck of Barker's Camel would have a blue dot on each card and the "C" deck of Ellwood's Camel would have a red dot on each card and so on. Has anyone else seen this as a problem and come up with a similar or different solution?
    I think that is a great idea... may have to do that myself soon! (Cowman adds another thing to his large list of stuff to do!)
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Users Country Flag

Name
    Jeremy
    Sorties Flown

I lay out my cards in order at the end of each match to make sure that each deck is properly accounted for. Your idea sounds much better

The dot idea was suggested to me when I asked about it some time ago, and I have found it Works a treat. You can also mark the aircraft flying base with the same system so as to recognise which pack is associated with which aircraft in the flight.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

My mate has done exactly that as he too gets confused when flying multi similar types and it has worked well for him.

"He is wise who watches"

I'll have to propose the dot idea to Hunter, since he's always flying his two camels together and mixing up the cards! On top of that, he always bolts out of the room when the fight is over leaving ME to clean up all the minis and cards!! I don't mind, though. At least I know everything is accounted for and back in it's proper place when I'm done.

Similar Missions

1. Extra Maneuver Decks
    By KirkH in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 01-23-2017, 11:36
  2. Lack of Differentiation Between Maneuver Decks...
    By sparty in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 04-22-2011, 22:31
  3. Speed ranges for maneuver decks
    By Charlie3 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-29-2010, 09:29
  4. Maneuver Decks with Miniatures
    By sparty in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 18:29
  5. Difference between maneuver decks