Ares Games

Thread: Tripods and Triplanes thoughts

Default Tripods and Triplanes thoughts

When they arrive next July will there be a new section opened up on the forum for that category? I can imagine some very different AAR's. Looking at the line up of Martian vehicles they equate to a single, a twin, and a multi engined plane? Should be interesting to play with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    When they arrive next July will there be a new section opened up on the forum for that category?...
    Why wait until July ? Canvass the Boss and see if he'd consider kick starting (see what I did there) a sub-forum now.
    People can then post mission/campaign ideas /discussions/rules/ even pnp AAR right away

"He is wise who watches"

Way off topic Nick as this thread was about creating the sub-forum it now sits in ! Your query may be better in its own thread.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    When they arrive next July will there be a new section opened up on the forum for that category? I can imagine some very different AAR's. Looking at the line up of Martian vehicles they equate to a single, a twin, and a multi engined plane? Should be interesting to play with them.
    The Forum section is done: Tripods & Triplanes

It might need a name change, sooner or later, with the alternate universe options available. How knows what else might be created.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I wish the pledge manager would open (ain't heard squat yet). Figure this section would stay semi dead until we start getting figures.

Well, we have the downloaded rules and aids; I'm going to be running a game on 3-FEB for the first NOWS minicon in Berea OH.
    Using AQOTMF scout tripods.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

And I'm building one of the 'original' Martian tripods that Clipper found and built a while back - it's 1/144 scale - resin and metal - Clipper did an awesome job of customizing his - not sure I will go that far with mine, but...

We're planning on running a game at Origins, with or without 'official' Ares product. We have the downloaded rules from the Kickstarter...

I'm hoping that BGiF can get our hands on one of the pre-release demo kits Ares sent out (in the event no product will be available by mid-June) to use at the convention.

It's never to early to talk about Martians and their doomed invasion...

All the best,
    Matt

I'm on the road for a week so no bench time : ( I have misplaced my Martians somewhere in the garage, or else they have burrowed underground . . . I was pondering getting the AQOTMF Scouts as well. Then i had a drug induced dream where the tripods looked suspiciously like tiny red potatoes with lots of eyes standing on pipe cleaner legs . . . Now I have to try that . . . clipper, not good at waiting but with too much time and gabbpentinin.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    The Forum section is done: Tripods & Triplanes

It might need a name change, sooner or later, with the alternate universe options available. How knows what else might be created.
    This thread pre-dated the sub-forum and was swept into it when it was created - so you've now linked the post to the forum it's sitting in !

"He is wise who watches"

I do not know if I'm going to jump in or not but, looking forward to the new aircraft.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    I'm on the road for a week so no bench time : ( I have misplaced my Martians somewhere in the garage, or else they have burrowed underground . . . I was pondering getting the AQOTMF Scouts as well. Then i had a drug induced dream where the tripods looked suspiciously like tiny red potatoes with lots of eyes standing on pipe cleaner legs . . . Now I have to try that . . . clipper, not good at waiting but with too much time and gabbpentinin.
    If you get the scouts, you'll have to google for the assembly plans, as they don't come with the models
    I found the one leg that is raised (it's the multi-piece one) has fitting problems.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Still trying to get my hands on a promo martian myself to run at the local shop. We do WoG one or two times a month as is so would be a nice switch. Most of us are pro or semi pro painters for the most part so not interested in paper figs. But July if nothing else.

Similar Missions

1. Tripods & Triplanes - An invasion from Mars
    By Angiolillo in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 818
    Last Post: 12-12-2018, 21:24
  2. Tripods & Triplanes Kickstarter at November
    By Marechallannes in forum T&T: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-20-2017, 12:56
  3. British Columbia: Tripods & Triplanes Demo in Nanaimo, October 21st 2017
    By OldGuy59 in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 8