Ares Games

Thread: aircraft terrain

Smile aircraft terrain

hi everyone
    I'm new to the wings of war scene. i'm currently working on wargames 20mm scale with figures, tanks and aircraft. i recently became interested in the aircraft side if wargames when a customer asked me to design a special game mat for wings of war using real Ariel photography and overlaid with graphics. since then I have become interested in ww1, which never appealed to me before, i'm normally a fan of ww2.

Glad to have you here. I have learned a lot about WWI since I have joined the site myself.

Hi Mark.
    Your mat project sounds interesting. Any pictures of said work.
    Also don't forget to sign in on the Report for Duty thread, so everyone knows you are about.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome aboard Mark. Nice photo. So how much would a mat like that cost?

Here is some youtube vids to help you enjoy WW1 aerial combat better.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj7bPQXEUfo
    Hope you like all 5 of them.

Tom

Hi Mark

I'm with Rob (no not in that way) your project sounds very interesting.

Glad to have you aboard now you are hooked. I must warn you this game is more addictive than crack (or maybe that's just me).

Join us in the mess for a drink after you report for duty, but keep a weary eye out for the Wing Co. It's said he moves in mysterious ways.

hi gents, thanks for the welcome. as mentioned before i design and manufacture game mats in the uk. basically if you can think of it, then i can make it. my newest collection are great for this type of gaming and thats what basically led me into the game. i shall try to upload some pictures for those who may be interested.not sure how to do this yet, only second day on the site.

hi tom, my mats retail at Ł60 for 6ft x 4ft. add a grid overlay for Ł15 extra then P&P on top (uk Ł6)

Thumbs up

Welcome aboard Mark. The mats sound good and seem competitvely priced.

Lucky.

hi again, I tried to upload some images, but my file sizes are too big. you can see them at panoramat.co.uk, i hope you like them!

Quote Originally Posted by panoramat View Post
    hi gents, thanks for the welcome. as mentioned before i design and manufacture game mats in the uk. basically if you can think of it, then i can make it. my newest collection are great for this type of gaming and thats what basically led me into the game. i shall try to upload some pictures for those who may be interested.not sure how to do this yet, only second day on the site.
    Open a reply to thread, put a message then click on the attachments paper clip. The window that opens has browse options at the top. Select the top browse box and then go to your selected picture on your computer and open it. That should take it to browse. When you have enough pics in browse go to upload, and wait for it to do that. You can then close the window, submit your reply and the pics should emerge.
    REMEMBER to make the pictures transmitted small enough to comply with the max size allowed as per the instructions on the window.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Which aircraft would you most like to add to the mix?
    By Greywolf in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 06-08-2011, 20:11
  2. Which aircraft would you most like to add to the mix?
    By AlgyLacey in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 04-20-2011, 13:29
  3. Cowman's Terrain Projects
    By The Cowman in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-26-2010, 09:51
  4. New Aircraft
    By leadpusher in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-16-2010, 08:30
  5. 3D terrain project