Ares Games

Thread: WW1 Collection for Sale

Default WW1 Collection for Sale

SOLD

Hi Guys,

I've decided to sell my WW1 collection to help surprise my wife with the honeymoon we never had, don't worry though I still plan on keeping my WW2 collection and making a bit more time to play more often.

There are 36 single seaters,9 2 seaters, 3 bombers, 2 advanced cockpits, bomber damage markers and gimbals. Most of the cards are still sealed. One or 2 boxes have dents and Stackard Camel box is missing front clear window. All minis are in great condition. I will let those with keen eyes spot the gems among the collection.

Sorry not willing to break up at the moment and the price for the whole lot is $900.

Can sort out shipping once someone is interested, will be a medium sized box.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Evan1.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	237.7 KB 
ID:	236604

Name:	Evan2.jpg 
Views:	263 
Size:	166.3 KB 
ID:	236605

Name:	Evanbombers.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	133.8 KB 
ID:	236606

Name:	Evanaccessories.jpg 
Views:	259 
Size:	144.1 KB 
ID:	236607
    Last edited by Canestri10; 12-23-2017 at 19:25.

If there are no takers for the entire lot and you decide to sell separately, please let me know as there are several I would have interest in purchasing.
    Bill

Whoa. That's quite the hangar... hope you get what you're asking, Sam.

Hi Sam
    I'm very interested in taking the lot. Pity you are so far away.
    I think the P & P might kill it but if you can let me have 'First Refusal' until you can let me know the P & P to the UK I would be most grateful.
    Cheers
    Reg

I presume you are talking New Zealand Dollars!

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel View Post
    I presume you are talking New Zealand Dollars!
    I definitely don't mean NZD. Even paying cost price for these down here in NZ would be more than $1k. Not to mention the freight to get most of it down here.

OK Sam.
    Forget about the carriage as with Import Duty and VAT the price is now too high for me even without the Carriage costs.
    Thanks anyway.
    R

Price lowered to $900 if anyone is interested before Christmas
    Last edited by Canestri10; 12-21-2017 at 16:03.

Last edited by Canestri10; 12-21-2017 at 16:03.

Sorry you are having trouble selling your collection for that very worthy cause. If you have not done so then perhaps you should think about putting them on other sites like Ebay or whatever they have in NZ. There must be a budding NZ Ace looking for an early Christmas present.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Sorry you are having trouble selling your collection for that very worthy cause. If you have not done so then perhaps you should think about putting them on other sites like Ebay or whatever they have in NZ. There must be a budding NZ Ace looking for an early Christmas present.
    Hi Gary, unfortunately I don't have the time to list it on ebay. Was hoping someone would just grab the lot off me, I've done it before on the drome.

Also don't really want to hand a large chunk of it to ebay in fees.

I see you are showing interest in the series 4 reprints too. Does that mean a change of heart? I got rid of all my WWII planes a while back but have rebuilt a modest collection since.

Are you sure you do not want to sell your WWII planes and keep WWI instead?

I see you are showing interest in the series 4 reprints too. Does that mean a change of heart? I got rid of all my WWII planes a while back but have rebuilt a modest collection since.
    I really don't know at this point. Just had the surprise for the Wife in mind at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhuah View Post
    Are you sure you do not want to sell your WWII planes and keep WWI instead?
    I definitely don't plan to get rid of my WW2 collection. WW2 was the whole reason I got into this game and I soon caught the WW1 bug but now more important things beckon.

I know I bought a fair bunch from both Sam and Gary a couple of years back.
    It's a good deal for somebody, but not me this time.

Always thought it would be great to have a second hand sale/library system to allow new players to access old and out of print minis. I did some of that a few years ago but without takers resorted to auctioning them off . . . spent the proceeds on a trip for Mrs Clipper and myself to New Zealand : ) to see the kids . . .

Glad I was able to help with that in a small way.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Always thought it would be great to have a second hand sale/library system to allow new players to access old and out of print minis. I did some of that a few years ago but without takers resorted to auctioning them off . . . spent the proceeds on a trip for Mrs Clipper and myself to New Zealand : ) to see the kids . . .
    Funnily enough the proceeds of my sale would hopefully go towards helping me take my wife in the opposite direction. Drive from Vancouver > Seattle > Portland > San Fran > LA.

We are sailing into Vancouver on May 10th on the Celebrity Millennium from Tokyo on the Cherry Blossom cruise. Tossing up between a road trip as you describe or an Alaskan cruise to finish our holiday.

We are sailing into Vancouver on May 10th on the Celebrity Millennium from Tokyo on the Cherry Blossom cruise. Tossing up between a road trip as you describe or an Alaskan cruise to finish our holiday.
    Sounds amazing Gary. Have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Canestri10 View Post
    SOLD
    Good on you, Sam. Hope the trip works out!

Good going and congrats on the buyer. Best wishes on this turning out to be one of those trips of a lifetime.

It looks like everything turned out fantastic! Congratulations.

Congrats Sam!
    Hope you & your good lady enjoy the holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by Boreas View Post
    Congrats Sam!
    Hope you & your good lady enjoy the holiday.
    Thanks guys

Similar Missions

1. big collection on sale Ebay
    By hawkhurst in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 08:24
  2. WGF collection for sale uk
    By itchy in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2014, 23:32
  3. WWI Collection For Sale :(
    By lang in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds