Ares Games

Thread: Just flown in from Adelaide, SA (and boy, are my arms tired!)

Hybrid View

Macrossmartin

Default Just flown in from Adelaide, SA (and boy, are my arms tired!)

Greetings, all!

Martin here, reporting in for the first time. I've been collecting WoW / WoG kites since the FFG days, but my interests have wondered off to other shiny things of late, and I have not been able to find regular opponents.

Being fond of big games with lots of models in the air, I am planning to run a campaign next year to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the founding of the RAF (and the release of the Australian squadrons in France back to the AFC).

Most of the games will be run from the Garrison clubrooms in St Agnes, but I hope to get other clubs and maybe some FLGS involved, too.

All the best,

- Martin

Hi Martin, welcome from England.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Martin, welcome to the aerodrome from chilly Maine. There is a lot to offer here. I also don't have any local opponents (yet) but enjoy using the solo system.

Hi Martin nice to see other SA gamers on the forum.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Martin!

Quote Originally Posted by Macrossmartin View Post
    Being fond of big games with lots of models in the air,
    You and me both, brother!

Good luck with your campaign.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome from South Wales (the old version). The solo rules and app make playing alone feasible and fun so they may be worth a look.

BALM
    Andrew

Thumbs up

G'day Martin & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW over on the East Coast.
    We have quite a few players in SA including Gary (Baxter) so you might be able to meet up for some action before your Campaign.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Martin, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

Macrossmartin

Thanks for the welcome, everyone! This seems a nice, friendly place.

I'm hoping my campaign next year may attract some new converts to the game and the subject of air combat in general. I'll be sure to keep the forum abreast of my progress.

- Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Macrossmartin View Post
    Greetings, all!

Martin here, reporting in for the first time. I've been collecting WoW / WoG kites since the FFG days, but my interests have wondered off to other shiny things of late, and I have not been able to find regular opponents.

Being fond of big games with lots of models in the air, I am planning to run a campaign next year to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the founding of the RAF (and the release of the Australian squadrons in France back to the AFC).

Most of the games will be run from the Garrison clubrooms in St Agnes, but I hope to get other clubs and maybe some FLGS involved, too.

All the best,

- Martin

Hail to the Garrisons wargaming club from GNHWS! Hey man, I and Kosta (hope you know who that is) will be doing a smallish game this upcoming Monday 27th November (he wants to get into it, so I will run a sort of "demo" game with him), feel free to join into the mayhem. Off-course this is in addition to the multiplayer game I am running this Wednesday 29th November.

Plus, if anyone here reading this message is wanting to join, let me know, all are welcome.

Cheers all,

Sasha

EDIT: And if you need the help with the campaign, let me know down here. Will gladly help to run this thing. Plus it'll get us flyers in SA better connected and maybe we can recruit new pilots (we just need the posters and recruitment offices for new pilots to pressed into service )
    Last edited by Dog of War; 11-24-2017 at 05:24.

Macrossmartin

Thanks, Sasha! Yes, of course I know Kosta.

I guess you mean you'll be running a game at Garrison on Monday night? I'll join in if I can, but I've already promised another Gundam fight to a couple of chaps. If there's time before or after though, I'll happily sortie with you lads.

Thanks for offering to help with the campaign! Will hopefully chat with you about what I'm planning come Monday.

I've been inspired by the 'MATES' multi-move cards created by 'drome member Sashdash - definitely one of those 'why didn't I think of that??' moments when I saw what he'd invented. I think MATES will prove a Godsend for fighting multi-flight dogfights in a campaign setting, where the fights themselves are only part of the gameplay.

- Cheers!

Great. See you on this upcoming Monday then. Doing a quick search didn't find the 'MATES' multi-move cards, but I will talk to you about them on Monday, sounds like a good idea.

Cheers,

Sasha

Macrossmartin

Quote Originally Posted by Dog of War View Post
    Great. See you on this upcoming Monday then. Doing a quick search didn't find the 'MATES' multi-move cards, but I will talk to you about them on Monday, sounds like a good idea.

Cheers,

Sasha
    A quick link to Sashdash's album:

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/al...p?albumid=3852

They look complicated at first glance, but basically, the idea is that each manoeuvre is numbered, so rather than sort through a deck to find your three manoeuvre cards each turn, you just write down the corresponding numbers. I'm thinking of laser cutting a new dashboard with three numbered dials that can be turned to display a number. (Or something like that...)

Anyway, thanks again for the greetings, all, and see you Monday, Sasha!

- Martin

Welcome, Martin, from Devon in the SW of England. I'll look forward to some After Action Reports (AARs) from your campaign next year. Have fun
    Mike

Bit late to the show, but welcome from Portlandia, Orrygun.

welcome to the drome Martin!!!

Welcome, Martin, to the Forum.
    A small group of us fly semi-regularly at St Agnes in a private home. Nice to find out there is another WoW/WoG devotee not far away.

Macrossmartin

Quote Originally Posted by Windy Jack View Post
    Welcome, Martin, to the Forum.
    A small group of us fly semi-regularly at St Agnes in a private home. Nice to find out there is another WoW/WoG devotee not far away.
    Awesome to know, Doug! I'd be interested in joining in if there's room and an invitation.

- Martin

Martin, our Tuesdays have become a bit busy, so we haven't met to fly. We'll keep you in mind when we organise the next date.

Macrossmartin

Thank you, Doug!

Similar Missions

1. AAR PTO Mission 6 - Brothers in Arms - Blackronin
    By Blackronin in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 06:26
  2. National Arms for Nippon! (UK Only)
    By Strangely Brown in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2012, 11:16
  3. Aircraft flown by Players