Ares Games

Thread: Multiplayer WoG WWI game Nov 29, Adelaide - everyone is very welcome to join in.

Default Multiplayer WoG WWI game Nov 29, Adelaide - everyone is very welcome to join in.

Hello all,

Just to let you know that another multiplayer Wings of Glory WWI game is planned for November the 29th at Group North Historical Wargames Society. If you don't happen to have your war-birds with you for whatever reason, don't fear, we have a lot of loan planes available for the day, so should be able to accommodate any number of players. Feel free to join in. This game is a second game of an ongoing campaign I am trying to run at our club, and it is organized in a way that allows new players to enter at any time and have as many games as they wish whenever and wherever, even "one-offs" are perfectly fine with the system.

Two scenarios planned.

First scenario: balloons and artillery are used in conjunction to bomb some target on the field and the defenders need to keep the balloons protected to do their duty (so the balloons won't be automatically lowered when enemy planes arrive, only at the defenders side discretion), the rules would be the same as the artillery spotting mission - spotting (and artillery fire) occurs only at those times when the observers are not shot themselves or are not occupied with being lowered (so if you choose to lower, no artillery observation). There are two observers in the cradle. 4 VP's to the defender side if the target is successfully bombed and destroyed, 4 VP's to the attacker if the balloon is downed before the target is destroyed. Individual pilots score their own victories towards their tally to become aces as per usual - all enemy downed results count as confirmed.

Second scenario: airfield raid. Sides will be in proportion of about 2 to 1 (proportion is not strict and will be decided upon the day, attackers get the smaller side including a bomber). The defender (whose airfield is raided) will begin with all his planes on ground and as soon as the enemy (that is the attackers) enter the table (i.e. get spotted), it will take a whole turn to start-up engines and then only the next turn is take-off (plan is to use basic rules for altitude, but if the numbers of people is not massive, we can use the more complicated altitude rules - at participant discretion). There will be a few munitions/fuel/provision sheds as well as the (these ones are a definite, just could not resist including them) officers mess (where the drinks, food and and the very precious trophy piano are) washing area (can't remember the proper name, shame on me, I know, but pilots who can't get a wash will probably be disabled for a good week while it is restored, hard to fly when you are itchy), attackers get the chance to thrash these very important to defenders morale elements in explosive style! Hope to get good amount of laughter out of this one. 6 VP's to attackers if they manage to bomb all of these elements, 3 VP's if they manage to bomb at least 50% of the targets, anything else is 0 VP's. 3 VP's to the defender is they manage to keep important element losses below 50%, 6 VP's if nothing is bombed and they shoo away all the attackers. Individual pilots on the defending side score their own victories towards their tally to become aces as per usual - all enemy downed results count as confirmed. However, the attackers individual kills are a bit more complicated. Once the attacker downs a plane, roll a D6. On a 4-6 result, the kill is confirmed by his comrades who just happened to see the victory. Otherwise, the victory has not been seen other than the pilot doing this, and therefore victory is not confirmed.

For both scenarios, the attackers and defenders will be decided upon the day (I mean nationalities), depending on player preferences and numbers.

EDIT: Forgot to put in - the entry is completely free of charge - no cost whatsoever. The start time would be somewhere around 1930 hours. If you come later, no worry, you can fly in as soon as you get there, not all planes are from the same formations... lone hunters were also around.
    Last edited by Dog of War; 11-21-2017 at 21:52.

Macrossmartin

If time and health permit, I will do my best to swing up to GNHWS and join in. Thanks for putting out the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Macrossmartin View Post
    If time and health permit, I will do my best to swing up to GNHWS and join in. Thanks for putting out the word.
    Cheers for the reply, SA has got pilots for sure! Just to be on the safe side, do you know how to get there? If not, let me know and I'll send out a map.

Sasha,
    As stated in direct e-mails, Gary, Geoff and Sarah, and I will be there on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Windy Jack View Post
    Sasha,
    As stated in direct e-mails, Gary, Geoff and Sarah, and I will be there on Wednesday.
    That's superb!

Très bon!

Das ist fantastisch!

Wir sehen uns am Himmel.

Sasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    1930 hours?
    Das ist richtig!

I mean, that's right.

Similar Missions

1. Mix and number of planes for multiplayer
    By Kustenjaeger in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 11-24-2016, 09:19
  2. Band of Brothers (Rise of Flight multiplayer film)
    By HotleadColdfeet in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-21-2015, 20:54
  3. Coming in on a Wing and a Prayer: My Rise of Flight multiplayer recording
    By HotleadColdfeet in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2015, 22:02
  4. Need help with multiplayer campaign - anyone had success with this?
    By horsepyre in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-25-2014, 14:38
  5. Multiplayer Mission Help
    By charlest in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2011, 20:32