Ares Games

Thread: Scale conversion 1/144 - impact on rules

Default Scale conversion 1/144 - impact on rules

Hello,

My apologies if this question has been asked and answered previously. I've been an avid player of the WW1 genre of the game for many years and am now thinking about expanding into the WW2 realm. Given the wide range of available 1/144 scale WW2 planes out there I'm leaning towards this scale, but clearly there's an impact on the rules and movement. I've been skimming through the threads, but is there a link to a discussion that outlines any changes I need to consider when playing at this scale? Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,
    A.

Why change the rules and scales. I started playing Battle of Britain with 1/144th scale models on Wings bases using wings manuever decks. It's just a larger model aircraft simulating the real thing.
    See you on the Dark Side......

I just didn't want the board to start looking like a filled parking lot if I upped the scale. I want to take advantage of the broad range of aircraft available in this scale but wasn't sure if it would impact the ruleset or the distances. Thanks for the perspective.

Cheers!

Just saw this and have played WWII with 1/144 planes for a few years now. Rich Schwab was the one that turned me on to this scale. We just use everything as is except for the planes and have no problems.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_7115.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	206.1 KB 
ID:	236865
    This is a photo of a game we played with F-Toys models.

Name:	DCP_7498.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	175.5 KB 
ID:	236866

Here is another photo of a game we played last year.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing. Is that a real aerial photo under the plane? Great idea!

No just some fabric and some cards for what the plane is flying over. Now here is one that Peter has that are prints of actual photos.

Name:	100_0590.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	237087

Those look great! Certainly haas given me some ideas for our own games. Thanks again for sharing.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-03-2016, 00:38
  2. Scale Conversion
    By RiotInferno in forum Paper Card Models
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-26-2016, 17:43
  3. WGSF Bristol Blenheim MK IV to MK I Conversion 1/200 scale
    By clipper1801 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-11-2015, 02:22
  4. Replies: 1