Ares Games

Thread: Pacific Theater

Default Pacific Theater

I've been wanting to build up my Pacific forces, but the absolute lack of any US fighters (Wildcat, Hellcat, Corsair, hell, even a Buffalo) makes this impossible. Any for the Japanese, no Zeros(!!) their most iconic fighter. Any chance of Ares producing anything this century?

They were going to do a Midway starter set next year and or series 7 with Corsair, Lightning and Ki-44 but the Martians have invaded and Battle of Britain will now get finished first. Hopefully in 2019 the Pacific will get it's proper coverage.

If you can't wait AIM has them for you to paint.

Miniatures Market https://www.miniaturemarket.com/sear...ings+of+Glory#

still have some Mustangs, Thunderbolts, Dauntlesses and Mitchells. For the Japanese they have Kawasaki Ki-61's,Nakajima Ki-84's, Yokosuka Suisei and Aichi Vals.

For other planes you will have to look at other manufacturers, of which there are several.

Other then the Official planes I , and others, have been building up our Pacific forces. I have a (large) number of AIM models and continue to add them. Between Ares/Nexus/AIM & Shapeways I have about 60 Japanese planes. So that adds up to a good number. Peter ran a great game , Oscar's VS B-24's, at Fall In.

This is a real sore spot for me. I am just hoping 2019 doesn’t turn in to 2025, before we see a decent amount of PTO aircraft. I am quite enjoying the BoB aircraft and don’t begrudge those who love this period. However, my heart has always been in the Pacific. I guess the biggest blow was having Corsairs and P-38s announced and then after 3 years of patiently waiting, having them canceled/postponed.

Ares always has good intentions but struggles to deliver the product in a timely manner. I am sure this has to be as frustrating to them as it is to all of us.
    Last edited by P-51D; 12-11-2017 at 20:03.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

As has been said before and what I have been doing is purchasing my planes from AIM and painting them in the scheme I want so that way there are no yellow leading edges on wings or tails, like has happened recently.
    I'm just about ready to decal my No.71 Squadron planes for BoB. My Pacific group will start rolling in from AIM within the next week. Hopefully by May I will have a good assortment of PTO planes and have them airborne.

Look to other manufacturers to fill the gaps.

Quote Originally Posted by P-51D View Post
    This is a real sore spot for me. I am just hoping 2019 doesn’t turn in to 2025, before we see a decent amount of PTO aircraft. I am quite enjoying the BoB aircraft and don’t begrudge those who love this period. However, my heart has always been in the Pacific. I guess the biggest blow was having Corsairs and P-38s announced and then after 3 years of patiently waiting, having them canceled/postponed.

Ares always has good intentions but struggles to deliver the product in a timely manner. I am sure this has to be as frustrating to them as it is to all of us.
    Hang in there, Daniel! Though I can not say for certain, it is my hope that we see some PTO aircraft before the end of 2019.

Similar Missions

1. Official Pacific Theater of Operations WGS
    By Canestri10 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 01-30-2019, 11:40
  2. AAR Axis (Pacific Theater Operations) pre-campaign scenario
    By Teaticket in forum Fire in the Skies
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 01-25-2016, 10:59
  3. Pacific Theater custom playmat
    By jmkinki in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 41