Ares Games

Thread: Sky Pilot P-38

Default Sky Pilot P-38

I was at hobby lobby and I found this die cast 1:200 p-38. The paint job isn’t perfect but the detail is pretty good. They also had a zero but it was 1:160. Now I just have to find the right maneuver deck and figure out what I’m going to do to mount it. I might also fix the paint.
    I Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BF0A2F2F-27E8-47EF-868F-EAACD2C7F3B3.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	191.1 KB 
ID:	235726

Sky Pilot also produce a Grumman Hellcat, Vought Corsair and a Thunderbolt in either 1/190 or 1/200 scale, which are usable to play Wings of Glory. Sadly, their other models are a little too large.

From the unofficial aircraft lists:

House
    Aircraft Deck Guns S Guns L Rear gun Damage Ceiling Climb Base Rules

Lockheed P-38D Lightning Q* B-B-D B-C 24 13 4 F 15
    Lockheed P-38E-G Lightning Q* B-B-C B-B 24 13 4 F 15
    Lockheed P-38H Lightning Q* B-B-C B-B 24 13 3 F 15
    Lockheed P-38J-M Lightning P(-) B-B-C B-B 25 15 3 F 16

House Rules:
    15) P-38D-H: Special rules: all turns are to made at slow speed. 45 degree turns must be preceded with a 30 degree turn. You can not follow a turn or side slip in the opposite direction from one you have just made (i.e. if you plot a right turn or side slip, you can not immediately plot a left turn or side slip).
    16) P-38J-L: Special rules: turns may be made at slow or high speed. 45 degree turns must be preceded with a 30 degree turn. You can not follow a turn or side slip in the opposite direction from one you have just made (i.e. if you plot a right turn or side slip, you can not immediately plot a left turn or side slip).

Notes:
    Q*: no extreme side slips.
    P-: Unfortunately there are no notes for what the - means for this deck. Fot other decks with a minus sign it means different things. Perhaps Karl (Jager) could clarify.
    See you on the Dark Side......

P(-) must be a typo; I can't see anything in the P deck that would be removed for the P-38.
    The reason for these special rules was the P-38's poor roll rate, and turn rates.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. California New Pilot here
    By klonoa in forum US Wing
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 09-13-2016, 23:33
  2. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2016, 08:46
  3. Last BoB pilot
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-13-2014, 05:50