Ares Games

Thread: Reporting for duty from the Brisbane airfield

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tony
    Sorties Flown

Default Reporting for duty from the Brisbane airfield

Hi all,

My name is Tony and I am based on Brisbane's Northside. I played some Wings of War many years ago and am looking to get back into the game with Wings of Glory.

I currently have a collection of 0 but am looking at WW1 as I do like those majestic old birds.

So, is there any regular or semi-regular players around?

Cheers
    Tony

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Tony, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom. I am fairly certain that there are other members here from Queensland. If you explore the other posts from members of the Australian wing, you may find some.

People here are very friendly and helpful, so , please feel free to ask any questions you may have about the game and do explore the rest of this website.

Well,
    I'm not exactly near you, but you've come to the right place to find like minded individuals. I, too, am looking for regular players, but haven't found too many devotees. Tomorrow, I'll be out trying to recruit new players at a gaming demo event in a city about an hour south of me. There are people from all over Vancouver Island that shop in that city, and you never know who will show up and get introduced to a new (to them) hobby.

So, welcome to the Forum, and best of luck in your search for more players of a great game.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Welcome Tony,

We have a small group playing WGS regularly in a campaign at Ace Comics in Annerley but are not averse to a WGF game. There are a number of other players around in the Brisbane area as well. I'm north side based myself if you're ever keen for a game.
    Last edited by Whiskysierra; 10-21-2017 at 06:46.

Welcome to the 'Drome' Tony from West Yorkshire in the good old UK.
    Fly safe and always watch your six!

Hi Tony, welcome to the 'Drome!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Tony,
    Welcome from the beautiful Hudson River Valley. You'll find people here to be warm and very helpful -- if you have any questions, ask away as there is usually someone with impressive knowledge in the area.
    Bill

Welcome to the 'drome Tony from a windy East Sussex on England's south coast today - Carl_Brisgamer is a keen type with both WW1 & WW2. I'm sure if you contact him he'll steer you right. Another forum member, Evan (Xen), sells models if you feel the urge to splurge !

"He is wise who watches"

Hello Tony, enjoy building your collection.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tony
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskysierra View Post
    Welcome Tony,

We have a small group playing WGS regularly in a campaign at Ace Comics in Annerley but are not averse to a WGF game. There are a number of other players around in the Brisbane area as well. I'm north side based myself if you're ever keen for a game.
    Hi Wayne,

Always keen for some gaming, when are you typically free? Also, when is the campaign usually on and can newcomers jump in?

And to everyone else thanks for your warm welcomes.
    Cheers

welcome back to the game and to the drome tony!!!

Thumbs up

G'day Tony & welcome back to the Game & to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly down in NSW.

As mentioned Carl_Brisgamer is one of the "movers & shakers" of the hobby in Qld & has organised the WW2 campaign mentioned.
    Carl also has a huge collection of WW1 aircraft & I usually get to play against him when I visit my daughter, at Christmas, who lives near Redcliff.
    I am sure you will get a response from Carl when he sees your post.
    He does get caught up in work rosters from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by knackered View Post
    Hi Wayne,

Always keen for some gaming, when are you typically free? Also, when is the campaign usually on and can newcomers jump in?

Cheers
    The campaign usually runs on Saturday mornings but not for the next few weeks with Carl being out of town but anyone is free to come and jump in when it is. I'm usually free on the weekends.

Welcome back to Wings of Glory, and welcome to the Forum, Tony. As others have said, I have found people helpful and thoughtful on this Forum. It is amazing where answers to questions or comments come from.
    It sounds like you are already starting to make connections there in Brisbane, so that's good.

Welcome to you, from Bristol in the UK

Welcome Tony from the North of England Squadron HQ.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Welcome to the group. I am based in Adelaide, SA, a bit of a distance out. However, if you do happen to fly by Adelaide and want a game, shoot me a PM and I'll get something organized. And vice versa, if I happen to come out your way, I'll get you notified. And well done - WWI is the great choice (I know all the WWII players will scold me and will want to shoot me down in flames , but it's my opinion , can't shoot me down for that, he he (giggling like a goblin now)). Anyway, welcome to the great world of Wings of Glory, hope your skies are clear, guns clean, and bullets won't be supplied to you made of chocolate! (when my Belgian jams, one of my friends keeps calling me the "chocolatier" or "choco-bullet man"). See you around.

Smile

Hi all,

My name is Tony and I am based on Brisbane's Northside. I played some Wings of War many years ago and am looking to get back into the game with Wings of Glory.

I currently have a collection of 0 but am looking at WW1 as I do like those majestic old birds.

So, is there any regular or semi-regular players around?

Cheers
    Tony
    Hi Tony & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down South.
    Carl_Brisgamer is the mover & shaker in the Brisbane Area & conducts regular gaming at a games store there.
    He has been away for 4 weeks on secondment but should be back in the skies real soon.

Do check out his posts in the Australian section & send him a Personal Message.

Sorry mate but I just saw I had already replied to your post.
    Its been hard to keep up to date with the Site being down & then a group of posts gone missing.
    Last edited by gully_raker; 11-22-2017 at 14:05.

Hi Tony, welcome from England
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Greetings Tony, welcome to the Aerodrome from Cape Cod.

Hi Wayne,

Cheers
    Hi Tony, sorry I missed your first post.

We are playing WW2 games most Saturdays at Ace Comics Annerley, the next session is this coming Saturday 10 March from 9.30am.

Similar Missions

1. Reporting For Duty from Brisbane QLD.
    By Yell in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-05-2016, 11:17
  2. Ohio: Reporting for duty, sir!
    By MoonSylver in forum US Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-26-2012, 12:30