Ares Games

Thread: Anyone know of a place to buy minis?!?

Default Anyone know of a place to buy minis?!?

Hey ladies and gents of the good ol' USofA! Does anyone have any leads on where to get WWI minis from brick-and-mortar stores in the lower '48? My local game store in West Michigan stopped carrying them and most of the online retailers are out of stock with the ones I am looking for. If you have any connections to an actual store front, preferably ones with a web-store, that would be much appreciated. I just have to get my hands on a Gotha but not at the price of a Staaken, you know what I'm saying?

Many thanks and happy flying!

Nick

Try the Aerodrome store itself.

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by TalkMonkey View Post
    Hey ladies and gents of the good ol' USofA! Does anyone have any leads on where to get WWI minis from brick-and-mortar stores in the lower '48? My local game store in West Michigan stopped carrying them and most of the online retailers are out of stock with the ones I am looking for. If you have any connections to an actual store front, preferably ones with a web-store, that would be much appreciated. I just have to get my hands on a Gotha but not at the price of a Staaken, you know what I'm saying?

Many thanks and happy flying!

Nick
    Hey Nick, PM me with a list of wanted birds, I have a large collection of extras as do may of the old timers on the site. The "for sale or trade" thread is a good place to post wants and haves from the members. Cheers! Clipper & Elves

I buy my minis from either miniaturemarket.com or coolstuffinc.com, I've also purchased from thewarstore.com, but I haven't seen a Gotha in stock anywhere for a long time.

I bet someone here can hook you up though, great people here.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Try the Aerodrome store itself.

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/
    Looks like I can get a few more Capronis but the Gothas are all out

Any groups near you who play that you could use their gothas in games?

Short of that if your playing solo or in a small group why not just use the card?

I'm sure it's downloadable somewhere.

Or if you check oldguy59's posts (I'll try and tie it down to a specific) he did some amazing top downs of aircraft that looked like 3d from above.

Neil

or copy the idea from this site:

https://sirrob01.com/category/papercraft/mine/

The bombers look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    or copy the idea from this site:

https://sirrob01.com/category/papercraft/mine/
    The bombers look really good.
    Thank you for so many great ideas! I had also considered attempting to "build" my own but with my paltry crafting skills, figured I would be better off seeing if I could buy one. Thanks again for all the great ideas!

Nick,

The Toy Soldier shop in Royal Oak (Lower Oakland County) has a small selection of figs. I also know they used to have the big planes. E-bay also had a bunch of the big stuff at reasonable prices a while back (go figure). Look for the old WOW bomber box set and then go the shapeways route if you have to. Matter of fact I highly suggest you grab all the older box sets as the extra maneuver decks and plane cards are priceless.

Also we play WoG at the toy soldier shop around 7 the second and sometimes 4th thursday of the month (they keep the store open later for us) Matter of fact they will be using my big planes there next week. (got one of each except the O/400) Make sure to call though as they have a annoying habit of closing early lately.

Skytrex, now Red Eagle, make a Gotha Bomber in 1/144.

I haven't built it, but I built their AEG G IV which was great fun to build. Also so proud when I see it on the table top. I have even built two Fokker D.VIIIs

Name:  wow2_6.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  150.5 KB

There's also a great article here...

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/con...x-Gotha-Bomber

So if you cannot find an origianl, just build one. Its great fun I promise *smile*

Similar Missions

1. Not The Best Place To Put A ...
    By Tonx in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-09-2016, 04:47
  2. Just Like This Place...
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2014, 23:48
  3. New 1/144 place
    By BobP in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 34