Ares Games

Thread: Epic Fight Over the Fronts

Default Epic Fight Over the Fronts

If you're looking for an AAR, you can just leave now (or enjoy a brilliant scenario. your pick!) There are 2 trenches 3 feet from each other (or 0.9144 meters for my metric friends ) With a barrage ballon, preferably 2 over it with cables suspended between them. The objective is to destroy their trench. Easy enough, right? Wrong. There is a catch. Once the balloons are destroyed, 4 enemy tanks roll out. Destroy those. Once that is done, 3 enemy bombers deploy for a last minute destruction of your trench. Destroy those. Destroy trench. Game ends. The other side is trying to do the exact same thing to you, so watch out.

Destroying Tanks: 7 HP each, advance 2 cm's every turn, advance toward your trench. We use our own "dive bombing" rule. That is, use one 'stall' card as an "extreme dive", or losing between 2-4 pegs and being able to fire on any ground target under it. To determine if it is "under it" take the model and point it nose down and if it is in the firing arc in any direct it can be fired upon. Not sure how historically accurate that rule is!

Sounds great! I never thought to use a chain reaction scenario! I'll try it soon!

Hunter

Cool! That could make for a fun scenario. Sounds like Hunter is game for it, so we'll give it a try. Good idea, Charlie.

Nice scenario!

Where do you normally have the tanks start out? And what do you recommend for starting forces?

Oh and out of curiousity, who put up the barrage baloons in the first place? Isn't there going to be some Colonel somewhere who is going to be extremely ticked off when he finds out that his pilots having been shooting down his barrage baloons??

Just wondering about that last part...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

There are 2 sides still, Germans vs. Allies, so you're not destroying your own tanks/bombers/balloons!

I got that there were two sides... but I was imagining one set of two barrage balloons in the middle dividing the trenches, not two sets, with one set over each trench... my bad!

But you did not answer my other questions... where do you normally start out the tanks? Do they just appear in front of the trenches? Do they come in from the sides? And what kind of starting forces so you usually have? Three bombers can wreak some havoc if played well and they get some lucky damage cards!

Please understand that I am not being critical or flippant here... I am trying to understand the scenario as described. Just looking for some clarification. I think this would be a very fun scenario.
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

The tanks would start at that side's back edge of the mat. Not both side's tanks come at the same time though, there're only deployed once your balloons are downed. So there can be 3 bombers coming at balloons! By three bombers, I meant heavy 2 seaters.

Similar Missions

1. If WWI was a bar fight
    By Strangely Brown in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 20:21
  2. Mission 12: A short fight and a long one
    By Wolfbiter in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-11-2010, 13:45
  3. We'll fight for it . . .
    By Goering Ace in forum WGF: Mission Discussions
    Replies: 7