Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Server upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by brdavis View Post
    Aerodromeaccessories.com seems to be having issues for me today - everything I click redirects back to the main page. I can search and find things, but when I click on them... back to the main page again.
    I was able to fix that issue this evening. The AA store should be working 100% again now.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I placed an order a few days ago but did not get the usual confirmation email so I'm not sure the order actually went through.
    Peter, your order did come though but Paypal did not send the correct reply to my site, so it never went into "Processing". I'll get it out in the mail here in the next day or so. Thanks for the order and support!

Now the dust has settled it appears I have finally lost the ability to upload groups of photos in one hit. As one of those that posts a lot of AAR this really will slow the process down. Is there any way that we can have the old functionality back ?

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Now the dust has settled it appears I have finally lost the ability to upload groups of photos in one hit. Is there any way that we can have the old functionality back ?
    Dave - I was able to load 80+ all at once when I did mine.
    Do you not get this option?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	236608

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    I was able to fix that issue this evening. The AA store should be working 100% again now.

Peter, your order did come though but Paypal did not send the correct reply to my site, so it never went into "Processing". I'll get it out in the mail here in the next day or so. Thanks for the order and support!
    Thanks Keith. No hurry, I was wondering if the order went in at all. Thanks again and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

I've been tweaking the security settings. Are you guys still getting the warning saying the site is insecure (you might have to logout and back in to see a change)?
    I'm still getting the "insecure" i-in-a-circle on Chrome, but not with Edge.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post

I don't get that, though I always used to.

Now I can only upload a single image at a time.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Well gents I never got that in this format even though I could load multiple files. I do now though.
    I just wish we could do multiple files on Sails like that.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I'm still getting the "insecure" i-in-a-circle on Chrome, but not with Edge.
    What is the exact URL shown in your address bar in Chrome?

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    I don't get that, though I always used to.

Now I can only upload a single image at a time.
    Do you have flash enabled on your computer/browser? I think the multi upload requires flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post

That's a different route to manage attachments Pete but I can still only select them one at a time rather than by block.

So, is the forum FINALLY working and going to stay that way? It's been down a lot recently. Or is maintenance still going on?

I'm still getting insecure site every time I log on using firefox. icon of a lock and amber triangle before this address block:

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...411#post462411
    See you on the Dark Side......

Same here Neil .... but at least we're online again !
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

I also.
    Apparently from interrogating Firefox it is something to do with us posting pictures and items from unsafe sites on here.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    I'm still getting insecure site every time I log on using firefox. icon of a lock and amber triangle before this address block:

https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sh...411#post462411
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardvark1430 View Post
    Same here Neil .... but at least we're online again !
    cheers,
    Guus
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    I also.
    Apparently from interrogating Firefox it is something to do with us posting pictures and items from unsafe sites on here.
    Rob.
    If FF, this is what you should be seeing by the address bar:

Name:	FFlock.png 
Views:	119 
Size:	1.9 KB 
ID:	237764

The site has an SSL cert to secure it, but the images/attachments are stored in the root directory of the server (one level up from the site). The SSL cert does not cover the image directory, but that directory is only accessible from within the site.

Quote Originally Posted by BraselC5048 View Post
    So, is the forum FINALLY working and going to stay that way? It's been down a lot recently. Or is maintenance still going on?
    Hopefully so. This last round was do to malware on the server. As much as you guys are getting tired of the sites being down, I'm even more tired or spending hours and hours on fixing them.

Hi Keith, Thank you for all your efforts and hard work.

As much as you guys are getting tired of the sites being down, I'm even more tired or spending hours and hours on fixing them.
    Heard that.

Curious, did we lose anything this time? I see no signs so far...but I've just re-logged on for the first time in 3 days, so there's plenty of checking tod o.

Quote Originally Posted by zenlizard View Post
    Heard that.

Curious, did we lose anything this time? I see no signs so far...but I've just re-logged on for the first time in 3 days, so there's plenty of checking tod o.
    We should not have lost anything this time around.

Looking good Boss, thanks for the hard yards.

Everything seems OK to me Keith and I spent a lot of today trawling round both sites looking for any glitches. None found to date, although i have not yet tested the Store.
    Rob.

Thumbs up

Thanks Keith for your hard work to get everything working.
    You must be very frustrated by the time you have had to spend fixing the problems & we do appreciate your efforts.

Re post #64: yes, that's what I see in the address bar. As everything else seems OK I'm not bothered by the warning
    Thanks Keith for all the hard work you do for us
    cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

hey keith. cant give you any more rep so THANKS FOR KEEPING PLUGGING AWAY AT IT!!!! its so nice having the drome back!

We should not have lost anything this time around.
    Dodged the bullet on that one.

Very much thanks for all the hard work you put in.

Hi Keith

Thanks so much for your hard work!

Kieth,

Thank you for everything you do...
    When the site is down, it really makes me appreciate how much I enjoy the Aerodrome and miss it.

Chris

having the oddest situation. when i try to follow my bookmark or type in the address and let it autofill in i get the dreaded "internal server error" page. however when i right click "open link in new tab" on one of the post notifications in my email i can get here (as my posts evidence). even if i try to open another tab using my bookmark or autofill address i still get the internal server warning and it wont go to the page even with the page open in another tab. very weird!

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    having the oddest situation. when i try to follow my bookmark or type in the address and let it autofill in i get the dreaded "internal server error" page. however when i right click "open link in new tab" on one of the post notifications in my email i can get here (as my posts evidence). even if i try to open another tab using my bookmark or autofill address i still get the internal server warning and it wont go to the page even with the page open in another tab. very weird!
    There is another server issue going on. It appears to be the same as last time. Right now you can get to the site via links in the emails, but you can't go directly to the site (applies to the Anchorage as well). The AA site does not appear to work that way It is possible that the sites may go down completely as I work on them.

Okay, I think I found the issue without having to bring the server down. They should all be working again now.

I'm new to the site, created a new account but I didn't get a confirmation email and can't access most of the site, the access has to be granted by someone or is it a site issue?

Hi Alex.
    Yes the problem is with the server. At the moment I can't gain access to ratify new members profiles.
    Please bear with us and I will let you know as soon as I can sort the Gremlins out.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Hi Alex.
    Yes the problem is with the server. At the moment I can't gain access to ratify new members profiles.
    Please bear with us and I will let you know as soon as I can sort the Gremlins out.
    Rob.
    Thanks Rob, No prob. I'll wait, take care

Quote Originally Posted by AlexBetancourt View Post
    Thanks Rob, No prob. I'll wait, take care

Alex, your account should be taken care of now.

Sails is running fine Keith, but I still can't access Admin here on the Drome.
    Rob.

Alex, your account should be taken care of now.
    Confirmed the account is working fine now, Thanks Rob

I'm Keith, but your are welcome all the same

I'm Keith, but your are welcome all the same
    Easy to confuse the two, as Rob is the King's Hand.

Very funny Chris.
    I have done things like that myself before now.
    Rob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Something Old And Something New to celebrate the new Server
    By Blackronin in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 86
    Last Post: 03-24-2016, 04:29
  2. Internal server error
    By Boney10 in forum Aerodrome Accessories
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 06-08-2014, 18:10
  3. Is the "feel" of the site different since the server change?
    By Blauer Baron in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-09-2014, 18:20
  4. Unused files waste server space
    By Lino22 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-22-2013, 07:22
  5. Site: Site back up after server issues
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 05-01-2011, 11:32