Ares Games

Thread: Collins Foundation

Default Collins Foundation

http://www.collingsfoundation.org/event/westminster-md/

Should have posted this sooner but for those in MD and PA something for this weekend. I will post photos when I get back from there.
    I should have read this closer as I didn't know they were giving rides. Last time I was there it was a static display of the B-17 and B-24.

Just made friends with a few of the guys here in the AZ at Falcon Field they are talking a fun day for me when i get back on my feet. . . they have a B-17 & B-25 & B-24 scheduled in over the winter : )

Take your time and relax so you can enjoy the day when the planes are there.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    http://www.collingsfoundation.org/event/westminster-md/

Should have posted this sooner but for those in MD and PA something for this weekend. I will post photos when I get back from there.
    I should have read this closer as I didn't know they were giving rides. Last time I was there it was a static display of the B-17 and B-24.
    When they were here in NY it was $400 for a ride in the B-17, I believe.
    B.

$450 for the B-17 and B-24 but only $400 for the B-25. If you want a ride in the P-51 its only $2,000. I did a B-17 ride during the Reading Show and the wife did the Memphis Belle when she was here in Md a few years back. A good time had by both of us. The B-24 is very tempting.

Oooo boy. I'll be creating a secret savings account for one of these rides. Tough choice between the B-17 and B-24.

Got the same problem here in Michigan. Had a chance to get in on the B-17 up here about 8 years back but did not have the cash at the time. Was gonna be my 50th Birthday ride...well just a few more years and maybe I can swing it for my 60th.

Peter you are the one who is close to them. They are out of Stow. I wish I knew that when I was at Ft Devens. Did you see that MISCMINI has a number of sets for Oscars ?

I am close compared to others. I wonder what airport they use as their base. I'll have to investigate!

Yes, I saw the new Oscar decals. I already painted the 1st. The next unit I'm doing is the 11th as they were also at Rabaul. I have to see where the other units flew that he has done.
    Last edited by Teaticket; 10-13-2017 at 20:31.

Hope tomorrow is an OK day. Supposed to have rain off and on but will still get there to get some pics.

Back from the field. They didn't do any flying while I was there so just a few photos of them on the ground.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7639.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	143.2 KB 
ID:	235232

B-24 WITCHCRAFT

Name:	IMG_7647.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	130.9 KB 
ID:	235233

B-25 TONDELAYO

Sorry Bob but no B-15 or P-51 photos.

The B-24 and B-25 are great.

That is the problem I seem to have when I post a few pictures at one time. Here is NINE O NINE again.

Name:	IMG_7641.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	126.1 KB 
ID:	235281

Similar Missions

1. Collins Foundation
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-28-2017, 06:50
  2. Red Baron Foundation website
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club