Ares Games

Thread: What dreams may come . . .

Default What dreams may come . . .

It began in a small used book store in Victoria, B.C. on our honeymoon in the '70's. A whopping price, $3.

Who could resist the cover!

It happens in times and places when you do not expect. It starts as an innocent history in great black and white photos with great detail . . . fun flights of history and fancy . . . then you make the fatal move, you simply turn a page and there it is . . .

But there is more . . .

Some one has shared this obsession with me as well . . . maybe even more taken . . .

The detail and labor of love is amazing . . .

A dear friend of mine was obsessed to the point of traveling to Italy to interview the Caproni family and came back with lots of great information, sadly dies suddenly and all is lost. No one in his family knew what he had and tossed it. Tragic! Another story for another time. Would any of you know the source of the construction drawing? What has been published is only a partial of the whole. Over the last 30+ years I have quite a collection of information and have built a number of models, static and flying. But still the drive to find more . . .

What a saga in the making Dave.
    I hope someone comes forward with more information for you.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Looks like a potential WWI rival for the monster Russian bomber you built a little while ago. Like Rob, I look forward to its progress, not to mention progress on finding more of the drawings!

All the best,
    Matt

In which case, you'll need to watch this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wind_Rises ....

And: One Copy, Snarfed. >;)

Did get the movie, but no further details are forthcoming, my 1/144" scale will have to proceed with what I have . . . Cue the dream elves . . .