Ares Games

Thread: Board Game Geeks list of planes incomplete

Default Board Game Geeks list of planes incomplete

Hello all,

I usually use Board Game Geeks to keep a list of my game collection. Up until recently Wings of Glory has all of their planes listed, so it was easy to enter the plane you own and if you had duplicates, etc... I noticed that the list of Wings of Glory Planes is not longer being kept up to date. Do you know if the manufacturer was adding the new planes, or should we no longer go there as a resource?

Thanks,

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    Hello all,

I usually use Board Game Geeks to keep a list of my game collection. Up until recently Wings of Glory has all of their planes listed, so it was easy to enter the plane you own and if you had duplicates, etc... I noticed that the list of Wings of Glory Planes is not longer being kept up to date. Do you know if the manufacturer was adding the new planes, or should we no longer go there as a resource?

Thanks,
    Are you talking about new game entries, or the listing of aircraft in the text of the Airplane Packs listing for both WWI and WWII versions of the game? If it's the latter there's been a couple of us that add the new series and link photographs to them for easier recognition.

For the former, "games" are submitted to BGG by anyone that wants to, and the admins are significantly behind in their queue now that 30+ games come out every month. (Thanks to Kickstarter they average more than one game per day.) New airplanes may be in the queue, may not. There is a place you can view the queue that I can't find at the moment. If you like, submit the new series and it will eventually make it into the database.

I think you'll find these to be fairly complete:
    WOGF: https://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/do...do=file&id=723
    WOGS: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=910
    I haven't really tried to crosslink to BGG, although I use the site daily. This just seems to be a better place for these compendia, as there are usually excellent editors that scan it online here.

I definitely down-loaded the Complete Listings from this site; it's a great resource. It would be nice to keep using BGG, I do for everything else and right now Wing of Glory is the only thing not current. I hope it's just the admins being behind.

Similar Missions

1. Wings of war board game computer game?
    By =Binks= in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-03-2019, 15:00
  2. Do you paint your game board or not?
    By sirosis o liver in forum Polls
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-21-2015, 20:41
  3. Italian WW2-Era Board Game
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-01-2015, 17:17
  4. eBay Wings of Glory Game Mat Coast Board Game, last one.
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 11:22
  5. Made my first game mat/board..
    By Covalima in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 21:25