Ares Games

Thread: K Deck?

Default K Deck?

Hello there,

I'm thinking about getting a Fiat G.50 at Shapeways and looking into the Unofficial Aircraft Data it supposes to use the K Deck. Is there an official K Deck for WGS? If not, what does it look like?

Regards,
    Dennis

There was one in the WoW Revolution in the Sky Booster pack Dennis. No idea what it looks like but some chaps here use them with I-16's so they will know.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    There was one in the WoW Revolution in the Sky Booster pack Dennis. No idea what it looks like but some chaps here use them with I-16's so they will know.
    Hmmm... I don't have either of the J, nor K decks in my MATES cards. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Now I'll have to find someone to scan them and send me the images to build up those cards. I was wondering why there was a gap, because there weren't any official minis flying them.

Found a reference pdf for both decks in the files, and with the speed Xcel sheet, I could fake a MATES set. K decks were 3.5mm fast arrows (slow C deck) and 2.1mm slow arrows (fast XB deck).

WGS Maneuver Deck Aides - K Deck
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 09-24-2017 at 00:51.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Revolution in the Skies packs are still available from Mniatures Market, check their site.

https://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgww22.html
    Last edited by Carl_Brisgamer; 09-24-2017 at 01:16.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Hmmm... I don't have either of the J, nor K decks in my MATES cards. Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Now I'll have to find someone to scan them and send me the images to build up those cards. I was wondering why there was a gap, because there weren't any official minis flying them.

Found a reference pdf for both decks in the files, and with the speed Xcel sheet, I could fake a MATES set. K decks were 3.5mm fast arrows (slow C deck) and 2.1mm slow arrows (fast XB deck).

Mike,
    I have several K-decks, which I use for my Fokker D.XXI's and Fokker G.1's.
    There are 18 cards in the deck, 2 straights (#1 and 2), 2 each long rights (#3 and 4) and lefts (#5 and 6), 2 each sharp(ish) rights (#7 and 8) and lefts (#9 and 10), 1 stall (#11), 1 immelmann (#12), 1 each of the sideslip left and right (slow or fast)(#13 and 14), 1 each of the sideslip left and right (fast only)(#15 and 16), 1 dive (#17) and 1 climb (#17).
    I hope this helps ...

When (if) I can work out how scanning works I'll scan a deck for you.

cheers,
    Guus
    "zet 'm op ... witte muizen !" (strijdkreet van 1e JaVa, Luchtvaart Afdeling, Nederland 1940)
    "let's go get them ... white mice !" (battlecry of the 1st Fighter Group, Army Air Force, Netherlands 1940)

Dennis, PM me your email address.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post

Mike, My PSD file is mega as it contains all the backgrounds, etc. would it be any use to you if I strip it back to the lines/arrows and send it to you?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Got a K Deck now. Thanks!

The Revolution in the Sky has the J & K decks and the cards for I-16's.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4742.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	91.7 KB 
ID:	233379

Here are two G-50's I did. They are AIM models.

Just in case anyone is looking for these, be advised that the Miniature Market descriptions are inaccurate.

MM lists the "Revolution in the Sky" booster as containing "3 decks of Maneuver cards (K)" but in truth, Revolution in the Sky contains two J decks and one K deck.

MM lists the "Last Biplanes" booster as containing "2 decks of Maneuver cards (J)" but in truth, Last Biplanes contains two L decks.

I have the relevant boosters at hand as I type this.

Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    Just in case anyone is looking for these, be advised that the Miniature Market descriptions are inaccurate.

MM lists the "Revolution in the Sky" booster as containing "3 decks of Maneuver cards (K)" but in truth, Revolution in the Sky contains two J decks and one K deck.

MM lists the "Last Biplanes" booster as containing "2 decks of Maneuver cards (J)" but in truth, Last Biplanes contains two L decks.

I have the relevant boosters at hand as I type this.
    I ran into that when I ordered from them, thinking I'd get a deck on sale. Initially, I ordered both boosters to get the J and K decks, and something was nagging in the back of my head about the descriptions. I checked the Complete Listing here on the Forum, and yup, the descriptions were wrong.

It took a bit of messing up the order to straighten it out, but I got the "non-sale" deck I needed, not the double L deck booster I didn't.

Now, both the J and K decks are in my MATES II album: WGS MATES Cards
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Similar Missions

1. Difference Deck V - Deck W (Yokosuka D4Y1, D4Y3) Susei
    By Sashdash in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-20-2016, 07:53
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-11-2016, 07:25
  3. N deck vs F deck and SE5A
    By jwclere in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-24-2015, 15:06
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-16-2015, 10:13
  5. What maneuver deck is most like the v deck?
    By EhindsVCS in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-10-2014, 08:43