Ares Games

Thread: Reporting for Duty

Default Reporting for Duty

Hello all.

I’m Neil, currently living just outside of Durham. I grew up on the North-East coast where during WWI the town had a RFC and a RNAS aerodrome. Hadley Page O/100s flew out of the RNAS aerodrome on anti-submarine patrols and Captain W E Johns was at the RFC aerodrome.

My main interest is WWI Western Front. I’ve got the Wings of Glory rules and accessory pack with a dozen British, French and German planes. No rhyme or reason to which planes I picked up, just got them up when I saw them cheap. Just started to play a few games.

Hope to get some ideas for scenarios, campaigns and what planes to pick up in the future.

Hello and welcome from the beautiful Hudson River Valley -- the folks on here will be very helpful you with ideas and information -- just ask away and someone will have the expertise. i predict you'll have lots of fun with the game(s).
    Bill

Welcome to the drome Neil from way darn sarf ! Most of the UK chaps are at Doncaster for their annual get together this weekend but should pop in to say hello in due course.
    Take a look at the Over the Trenches sub forum for scenario ideas and in general discussions for an updated walk through of aircraft for plane info. Enjoy the site.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

welcome to the drome Neil!!!

Thumbs up

G'day Neil & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

You might like to take a look at the Over the Trenches Campaign down in the WW1 section.
    It is a Solo campaign & the participants take it in turn to write up scenarios which will give you some ideas.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Neil, from here near Norwich. There is much on this site to add to your enjoyment of the game and please feel free to ask questions. You will find that people here are very friendly and helpful.

Hello Neil, glad to have you with us. I like your approach to getting planes too.

Welcome, Neil, from the antipodes. This Forum is an amazing global community. I have found members very encouraging and supportive. I'm sure you will too.

Welcome to the Aerodrome from across the pone in Maine. Definitely check out the solo campaigns. Lots of great scenarios and ideas.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Welcome Niel from Kentucky. I'm sure you will have many hours of enjoyment to come in Wings.

Welcome to you from down in Bristol

Hi Neil.
    I hear you had some trouble registering. that was because we were all away at our annual convention this weekend at Doncaster Air museum. Eric seems to have completed your registration, so it only remains for me to welcome you to the Drome on behalf of the UK Squadrons.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Neil, welcome to the 'Drome!

You'll find loads of useful stuff on here, and if you can't find what you want, shout and someone will point you in the right direction.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Hi Neil!
    welcome to the 'Drome, from here in 'historic' Newark on Trent.
    The inhabitants are a fine bunch, always ready to help with any questions! And I can heartily recommend the annual get together in Donny, having attended my first one with my youngest son only yesterday!
    And the Over The Trenches campaign is a fabulous resource! I may have a lot printed out in my files.......

Hi Neil, welcome from Essex.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thank you all for the welcoming messages. The small problems joining up were sorted very quickly by the Admins, thanks to them.

Off to have a look at the Over the Trenches section.

A belated welcome Neil. If you want to get in touch just PM me and I'll get back to you poste haste. Perhaps we can arrange a game in the future. Our next venture planned up North is Vapnartak at York racecourse in February 2017. Dates to be confirmed. Just keep watching the UK Wing for messages about upcoming shows we are attending/supporting.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Welcome to the Drome Neil, you will find most questions about the game will have an answer here!
    Fly safe and always watch your six.

Similar Missions

1. National: Reporting for duty!
    By cheapassflygirl in forum US Wing
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 02-13-2014, 09:20
  2. Ontario: Reporting For Duty
    By richarddaystrom in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 01-16-2014, 18:59
  3. Reporting For Duty, Sir.
    By Indie55 in forum UK Wing