Ares Games

Thread: Consolidated PB4Y-2 Privateer Decals

Default Consolidated PB4Y-2 Privateer Decals

This is a request for decals for the Armaments in Miniature PB4Y-2 Privateer. The USN didn't nearly as short a leash on its patrol squadrons regarding individual markings as it did for fighter units (especially those aboard carriers), so there's a fair amount of Privateer nose art to choose from. The one I'd really like to see is Bureau Number 59450 'Abroad for Action' (aircraft ID Y 450) of VPB-121.

There are other examples, of course, featuring not just risque art work (the Navy really let the VP boys get away with murder--VF-27's surviving Hellcats all had their 'faces' painted over on their new carriers immediately), but also variations on the tricolor paint scheme. For example, 'Redwing' of VPB-106, 'Sea-ducer' of VPB-116, and, of course, 'Our Baby,' probably also from VPB-106.

Thanks!

Hi Darryl
    I tried to find nose art for my 1:200th B29 that I entered in to the painting competition at Prague Con earlier this year. Hunted every where with absolutely no success whatever so if you find some let me know.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

I'll add them to the list but they'll be a long time coming. Nose art for P-51s, P-47s, B-26s, B-24s, B-17s, B-29s, and Lancasters, will probably happen before it happens for the Privateer. But, who knows, somebody may slip some Stroh's Inlander Rum into my cup and I could end up making them sooner. Kevin

No problem, Kevin. Haven't gotten beyond the primer stage on my Privateer, and will be buying and using several of the sets you have in the queue anyway .

Similar Missions

1. Consolidated Rules for WoG
    By skyking20 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-10-2017, 10:09
  2. PB4Y-2 Tortilla Flat - the ugly B-24?
    By clipper1801 in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-19-2016, 10:43
  3. WGSF Official Consolidated PB4Y Painting Thread
    By miscmini in forum Painting Showcase
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-21-2015, 09:54
  4. Consolidated House Rules v.3
    By Zoe Brain in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 06:17
  5. Consolidated House Rules v1.0