Ares Games

Thread: I wanna go higher.

Default I wanna go higher.

Hi all! Recently we started playing WOW on a 4x8 table and you couldn't help to notice that even at 4 peg altitude the planes just did't look right. But if your playing on the kitchen table and you are only maybe 3 feet apart from each other everythings fine. Do they make clear styrene tubes or rods the same size (dia.) as the pegs? Just though some experimenting with coffee stirrers, going "up" by incrementes of 3", and maxing out at 18" makes the situation look really cool! By keeping the rods/tubes light enough and the planes are'nt so top heavy themselves, there should be no worry of the planes tipping over. It just really looks like they are flying. Any thoughts on this?? Joe

My first thought would be that if I had my metal kit minis 12" off the table I would want to have a VERY heavy base to lower the center of gravity. Otherwise, with a slight bump you could end up destroying hours of work!

A small diameter segmented Radio antenna might work, but you would have to screw it on to the base, and I am not sure how you would account for different levels of altitude (not enough segments) unless you were to use something like Keith's altitude dials...

I was about to suggest you check out a thread about a craft "tacky" glue that was put up recently... but then I realized you authored it. Silly Me. I assume that you can't get the planes high enough with that method?

I am sure you could have something custom made in acrylic... but the question is: "Would it be worth what it might cost ya?"

Again... Good Luck!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams