Ares Games

Thread: WW II aircraft touring CT next two weekends

Default WW II aircraft touring CT next two weekends

The Hartford Courant is reporting that several WW2 planes will tour CT airports for the next two weeks. Planes open for tours include: B-17G Flying Fortress, , B-24J Liberator, B-25 Mitchell, and a TF-51D Mustang. Please see story:
    http://www.courant.com/features/hc-w...ource=facebook

I wonder if I can convince my wife to forgo our weekend in Maine to visit CT to see these planes...probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I wonder if I can convince my wife to forgo our weekend in Maine to visit CT to see these planes...probably not.
    Better just go to Maine and keep the wife happy. The Collings Foundation is based in Stow, MA. I'm pretty sure they always include stops in the northeast as part of their annual tour, lots of chances to see them in the future. They will also hopefully have a new museum open next year in Stow showcasing tanks, artillery, and other military vehicles. http://www.collingsfoundation.org/20...m-takes-shape/

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Well you'd have to convince her to go to White Plains next weekend as I believe they are done in CT now. But hey give it a try -- domestic bliss isn't all that its cracked up to be...

BTW when my wife and I were on a driving tour in Wales I convinced her to take a substantial detour to Brecon to visit the 22nd South Wales Borderers Regimental museum with all the battlefield relics from Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift...she was a real sport about it...

I'm sure we have to go to Maine as we most likely will have visitors up there the following weekend. We need to get ready! I'll be watching the Collins Foundation for the new museum. Thanks for the tip Ryan.

If anyone is able to see these aircraft, please post some photographs here.

Quote Originally Posted by NewFlyBoy View Post
    ....22nd South Wales Borderers Regimental museum with all the battlefield relics from Isandlwana and Rorke's Drift...
    Now that would be cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Now that would be cool to see.
    It was so very cool to see...I remember looking at partially opened ammunition crates from Isandlwana and bayonets apparently bent frantically trying to open the cases and trying to imagine the panic...there was also a wooden chair from the hospital at Rorke's Drift and of course assegai galore and Zulu shields recovered from the battlefields. Not far away in Brecon Cathedral hangs the regimental flag recovered from the river that was attempted to be carried away by Melville. Although my visit was many years ago I still have an 8x10 photo of the colors hanging in the cathedral framed in my painting area...

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-03-2016, 05:21
  2. How All Too Many Pilots Here Spend Their Weekends...
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-21-2014, 12:38
  3. Campaign weekends
    By se5a in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-27-2013, 04:34
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-29-2011, 00:17
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-08-2011, 08:30