Ares Games

Thread: SKY DUEL

Default SKY DUEL

Since actual rules are somewhat based on luck, I came up with some rules which award better piloting. So, whenever a pilot is in advantageous position, he gets points (nevermind the actual damage written on the damage card). This kind of gaming is quick and simple, but still keeps the flavour of interesting and turbulent dogfight. Use of rules such as Tailing, Firing from Above or Aiming etc. is encouraged, as they give an edge to the better pilot. I find this way of playing very amusing, so I decided to share it with fellow pilots.

Here are the rules:

SKY DUEL

Pilot who inflicts more damage cards to his opponent than he suffered himself, claims points. Only "advantageous" cards and "advantageous" +1 bonuses are counted. Actual damage (numerical or special) itself is ignored. A player who leaves the table loses the game immediatelly.

Each advantageous card inflicted: 1 point
    Each advantageous +1 bonus: 1/2 point
    Player left the table: +2 points for the opponent.

Play up to the agreed number of points (usualy 3 or 5);
    Alternatively, players agree on the playing time (usually 15-20 minutes). After the time elapsed, winner is the player with the most points. This allows draws. If tie-breaker is needed, play until the first firing. First "extra damage" is tie breaker. If no "extra damage", let luck decide: draw appropriate number of card(s) and count numerical damage only. Winner is the player who inflicted more damage. If equal, don't continue playing, but keep drawing damage till the winner is decided.

MULTY-PLAYER VERSION
    Each pilot has equal, pre-agreed ammount of points (usualy 5). Points are calculated as above. For each advantageous shooting a player claims points. Also, every time a pilot is shot at a disadvantageous position, he loses as much points as his opponent earned for shooting at him. Each shooting is resolved separately and simoultaneously.
    When a pilot gets to 0 points, or leaves the table, he is eliminated.
    This version can be played with two opposite teams or every pilot can fly for himself.
    Last edited by Пилот; 09-03-2017 at 07:17.

Sounds a lot like a training game; I'm getting flashbacks to the Top Gun movie
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I did have something similar in mind
    This rules are basically dohfight training.

Similar Missions

1. Duel Packs available
    By Ken at Sunrise in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-23-2016, 14:48
  2. Right so Ive got both duel packs
    By Trumpet in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 09-03-2014, 14:08
  3. Duel Redux
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 15