Ares Games

Thread: Italian WWI Royal Army and Navy Aviation Models

Smile Italian WWI Royal Army and Navy Aviation Models

A well-known Italian sports newspaper is publishing an history of the Italian Air Force in weekly instalments. For each instalment is attached to a model of a military plane or helicopter. Among the 50 models are also air the first and second world war.

In the two instalments that I bought so far were attached:

- an Ansaldo SVA-10 87° squadriglia , 11° Gruppo, Italian Royal Army Aviation, S. Pelagio (PD) -1918

- a Macchi M.5, matricola 7262, 261° Squadriglia, Italian Royal Navy Aviation Venezia S. Andrea -1918

I ordered a intsalment that I lost with a Nieuport 17. Installment will be published with an Hanriot HD1, a Caproni Ca. 3, a Spad S. VII.

But there are also a loto of models of WWII.

Perhaps they aren't so fine, the Caproni Ca.3 will be a different scale but with their stand, they don't make a so bad impression.

Attilio
    Last edited by Attila57; 12-05-2010 at 08:51.

Presumably these are larger than 1/144?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Yes,

They are non in standard scale and/or WoW scale. SPAD model looks as an 1/72 but the Macchi is more little (an half way between an 1/72 and 1/100 scale model.

All models in this collection are not in the same scale. I don't think that was the intent of the publisher to ensure the same scale. I think Caproni Ca.3 will be very little.

For each model there's are 4 pages of text and pictures, and a central foldable page with threee liveries and a big lateral drawed view of the model.

Their target is to be a nice ornament

Attilio

Very Cool!! Just one more reason to move to Italy. Do you have a spare room?

Attilio,

Thanks for the info...they look nice! Are these very costly? Too bad that something similiar to this isn't offered here in the US

10,99 euros a instalment (15 dollars, I think).

I'll send you a private message with the link of the newspaper online store to buy back issues.

Attilio
    Last edited by Attila57; 12-05-2010 at 23:01.

Quote Originally Posted by gregbond77 View Post
    Very Cool!! Just one more reason to move to Italy. Do you have a spare room?
    No, I'm sorry. And the weather and season are not so ideal to sleep under a starry sky like an old barnstormer!

Attilio

Two new models:

- a Nieuport Ni.17, matricoal 2612, 91° squadriglia , 10° Gruppo, Italian Royal Army Aviation, S. Caterina di Udine -May 1918

- an Hanriot HD.1, matricola 7501, 85° Squadriglia, 8° Gruppo,Italian Royal Navy Aviation Piskupi (Albania) -1918

Attachment 9344Attachment 9343

These are beautiful planes, no matter what scale. Thanks for sharing the pics!

These models are approximately 1/70.

There's a nice article and a drawing of this Hanriot at this link:

http://www.overthefront.com/WWI-Airp...nriot-DH.1.php

Some nice art work we can blag there Attilio.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

A new one:

SPAD S.VII , matricola 1673, 77a Squadriglia, XIII Gruppo, Marcon (Ve) - 1918

Attachment 9978

Another excellent offering Attilio.
    Rob.

Thx. I hope the next WWI model, Caproni Ca. 3, will be nice. It will be in a lower scale.

Attilio

They are great looking models.
    Do you know by who & where they were made?

No I don't.

If you are interested to see the entire collection (there are sometimes some mistakes on the page with images) look at this link:

http://store.gazzetta.it/modellismo/...llProducts=YES

(the collection images are updated to the next two instalments. The last instalment is number 28 but you can see there's a preview of number 29 and 30.

You can buy them online but I think the postage will be very expensive.

Attilio

Quote Originally Posted by Attila57 View Post
    Thx. I hope the next WWI model, Caproni Ca. 3, will be nice. It will be in a lower scale.

Attilio
    Hopefully in 1/144 ...

I hope too But with Nexus announcements for a Caproni minis next June it will be a little late!

But this models ardoing their fair figure on the shelves of a bookcase in front of World War I and aviation books

Attilio

Excelente! I'm over in Taranto for a week at the end of the month. I might well keep an eye out for some of these.

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    Excelente! I'm over in Taranto for a week at the end of the month. I might well keep an eye out for some of these.
    Bring back a few David, I'm sure you will be able to get rid of them over here
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by David Manley View Post
    At a newsstand in general you find only the three latest issues If you have friends in Taranto ask them to ordered ASAP the earliest number you're interested in.

A Caproni Ca.3, scale 1/144!!!

The last but not least WWI model of this collection arrived this morning:

Caproni Ca.3, matricola 11505, 1a Sqaudriglia 4° Gruppo, Aviazione del Regio Esercito, S. Pelagio, Padova -1917

On the plastic box is indicated the scale: 1/144. The same price of the other models.

A great opportunity to play with Caproni plane in anticipation of official Nexus miniature.

Attachment 11252

You can be very pleased with your aqusition Attilio. It's about time that you had a fair crack of the whip as far as Italian aircraft are concerned. Enjoy your new model.
    Rob.

ThanKs Rob. It was a surprise the 1/144 scale, a really nice surprise...

Similar Missions

1. U. S. Navy Camels
    By Coog in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 16:00
  2. WWI set 4 available now according to the Italian site
    By tuladin in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-04-2010, 23:58
  3. Looking for Italian Roundels
    By Steve in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 10