Ares Games

Thread: Clipper's Journey Down Under . . .

Default Clipper's Journey Down Under . . .

Getting the bags packed for the big trip, 5 air museum tours logged in, Hobbitown, Sheepworld, America's Cup Sailing set, all tickets procured, passports found . . . a little reading for the 10 hour flight : )

Arrive in Brisbane August 17, Auckland a few hours later, hope my batteries last on all my gadgets! The elves assure me there are charging stations on the Qantas Big Birds . . . It will be fun!

Enjoy the trip & I hope you are able to spend some quality time with your son.

Yeah! Lots of flying time, getting to Down Under.

You could come up with a few new projects, inspired by the magazines. And then, there's all the museums.

Hope you do spend some quality time with family, though. Have fun.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I am surprised that you did not build your own plane and fly it over here. Now I wonder if it would have been a Boeing Clipper. ��

Have a great trip.

Planning on revisiting the Dambusters when I return,

as well as a few other epic projects - oil fields and Ploesti . . . the elves have been busy laying out drawings and getting supplies gathered. Hopefully the shop will be cooled down by the time we return so we can get back to some building - its hard to get much done when the shop is over 110 degrees F. The fingers are getting stronger and the bone density is up again The daily shots are starting to work : )

Enjoy your vacation, David, and may you return refreshed and inspired.

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I am surprised that you did not build your own plane and fly it over here. Now I wonder if it would have been a Boeing Clipper. ��

Have a great trip.
    So you discovered my namesake, the 314 is my absolute fave Boeing . . . 1801 was the Boeing prototype number . . .

Maybe a 306 . . .

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Glad you are able to make the trip David. Have a good time.

Packing and sorting day, so much to take and so little space . . .

Then there be the clothes, haven't used a jacket in 12 years, where did I put it? The kids say its "winter" down there, something else I haven't done for 12 years . . .

The fingers are getting stronger and the bone density is up again The daily shots are starting to work
    That's great to hear, David.

Enjoy your time Downunder - will you be able to hook up with any of the Aussie members while there ?

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Looking forward to living vicariously through you, Dave! I am sure you will have a blast Are you going to be able to make it to the Vintage Aviation Co?

I look forward to your pictures and AARs...

All the best,
    Matt

All this for a trip to the basement?

;)

What time are you landing in Brisbane Dave? And how long between flights?

If time permits I could meet you at the international terminal and bring my Wings of Glory travel pack and two planes

Living vicariously through others.

David, you have to get a video from your visit to this place: Skyline Luge - Rotorua, NZ

Being that you're pretty far down the slope of your Wings of Glory addiction, this is nearly a must!
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Question

So no time to visit the Australian War Memorial Museum in Canberra David?

What a shame as I could have driven up & we could have met with Zoe for coffee & a chat!

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    What time are you landing in Brisbane Dave? And how long between flights?

If time permits I could meet you at the international terminal and bring my Wings of Glory travel pack and two planes
    Sadly we arrive at 6 am local time and leave an hour and a half later. Had we made the arrangements I would have taken a few days there, however Qantas switched us from a direct flight to N Z to a short stop over in Brisbane, Rats! One day though . . .

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    So no time to visit the Australian War Memorial Museum in Canberra David?

What a shame as I could have driven up & we could have met with Zoe for coffee & a chat!
    Next time for sure!

I'm sure you have done all the research and found all the good places to visit, Omaka, Wanaka etc

Ardmore Warbirds Museum in Auckland is an absolute must see, that's where I took my flight in the Harvard, if you're lucky you will see the Desert scheme two seater Spitfire taking off and landing as well as their P-51D Mustang they have there. Also some excellent Vietnam Era & beyond jets on display. Not to mention hundreds of painted models lining the walls in glass cabinets!

Also Wigram Airforce Museum in Christchurch has a world class display, loads of History. Highly recommended.

Hope you have a great time Dave!!

Sweet as bro.

Similar Missions

1. WSF My Caudron Journey
    By Willi in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-13-2017, 09:40
  2. Clipper's Journey North and Back
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-09-2017, 13:08
  3. Thank you Clipper.