Ares Games

Thread: Balloon busters?

Default Balloon busters?

Have Ares mentioned that they will re-release the Balloon busters box set or a variant thereof? The WoW version is steep on the cost these days so I will happily wait unless there is no chance of it making a come back.

Insta-buy for me if re-issued.

Quote Originally Posted by Popsical View Post
    Have Ares mentioned that they will re-release the Balloon busters box set or a variant thereof? The WoW version is steep on the cost these days so I will happily wait unless there is no chance of it making a come back.
    What do you call 'steep'? In Canada, when running across them in retail stores, they were $60-80 CDN.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I'd like to see the Parseval balloon next time round, I wouldn't hold your breath Steven, they might be a long time coming !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    What do you call 'steep'? In Canada, when running across them in retail stores, they were $60-80 CDN.
    In the UK they seem to cost around £100. Which is steep as far as i'm concerned
    Anywhere in Canada still selling them?

That's positively vertical old chap !
    Have seen them cheaper than that, but not very often, and a few more expensive too.
    You'd probably be better off getting one from AIM - there's examples in this thread:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ainting-Thread

Here is the best possible option if you really want a balloon, these run ~$45 USD from Shapeways and because of size and design escape the texture issues, easy to paint, mount and play! If you don't like to do the hobby bit, I know some elves who can help you out!

https://www.shapeways.com/product/YA...ionId=60674054

Other than the balloon, what other items do you need to use a balloon in WoG? The rules are in the accessories box I understand?

Other than the balloon, what other items do you need to use a balloon in WoG? The rules are in the accessories box I understand?
    As I recall, everything else is in the files section here on the site, a base is needed, but can be easily made or purchased from the Aerodrome site . . .

i seem to recall someone saying that ares was planning on a reprint of the balloons but without an aircraft included.

Got the brown one, and the box set from WOW but would like to get teh yellow one to finish up my collection. Got lucky last year and got the Brown one on E=bay for a cheap price (30 to 40 USD range) if I remember right.

If you look at Andrea's comment in #305 on this page http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-lineup!/page7 , it seems that there may be a reprint of the Balloon Busters coming at some point in the future.

The reprint of the Caquot M/Ae800 balloon is coming very soon. A matter of a few months for production and shipping, I'd dare to say.
    The Nieuport 16 will be sold separately. If you want the equivalent of an old Burning Drachens buy both, if you prefer to stick to the balloon you can just buy it. And attack it with Ancillotto's Nieuport 11, already available. Or with any orger plane, giving it incendiary bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    The reprint of the Caquot M/Ae800 balloon is coming very soon. A matter of a few months for production and shipping, I'd dare to say.
    The Nieuport 16 will be sold separately. If you want the equivalent of an old Burning Drachens buy both, if you prefer to stick to the balloon you can just buy it. And attack it with Ancillotto's Nieuport 11, already available. Or with any orger plane, giving it incendiary bullets.
    Grande Andrea!!!!

Can't wait!

Wonderful news Andrea! Do you have any idea what the RRP will be? (Can't hurt to ask!)

Wonderful news Andrea! Do you have any idea what the RRP will be? (Can't hurt to ask!)
    Not if you're sitting down !
    They were £40 when they first came out in 2010 Steven, even without the plane I expect it won't be less than that.
    I thought they were overpriced then so didn't buy any but picked mine up years later for about £22 (inc postage) from a site in France.

That's really great news! The balloon is the most-requested mini on this forum - I hope everyone will get access to one soon.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Welcome news, indeed, Andrea! Can't come soon enough for some folks, to be sure...

All the best,
    Matt

thats awesome news Andrea!!!! thanks for the update!

That is good news! " A few months" - could they possibly be available for Christmas?

Anywhere in Canada still selling them?
    Missed the posts yesterday, sorry.

I was finding bits and pieces of Wings of War stock in 2012. WoW stuff got really rare from that point on. I only found the odd plane in out-of-the-way shops from then on. Now, it is WoG stuff, only, when that is in stock.

However, it looks like there may finally be WoG balloons. Pretty cool.

Which means I could be doing custom balloon cards again, soon: OldGuy59's WWI Balloons Album
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

That is good news and very unexpected. I paid a pretty coin for my two WOW balloons. I do hope they are the same size so they will fit in my current cut outs, whoo hoo! I don't have room for two more Ni 16s, but I suppose it may depend on the cards they come with.

Quote Originally Posted by Naharaht View Post
    That is good news! " A few months" - could they possibly be available for Christmas?
    So March next year then !

Frankly, Id be much more interested in the Nieuport 16s: I have a quartet of balloons already. Sold separately? This is therefore, a plus from my point of view.

Be good to have the option as it's a nice little plane.

That would be a nice addition to my EVER growing collection!!

Have the N.16 from ,my balloon box, a few from the KS coming and need to grab the one from the last release. That will be 4 rocket armed planes I thinkk...just need a few more balloons.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-02-2016, 01:31
  2. Balloon Busters
    By infman in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 23:28
  3. Balloon Busters
    By Albert Ross in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 19:04
  4. Balloon Busters