Ares Games

Thread: AAARGHHH

Users Country Flag

Name
    Stewart
    Sorties Flown

Default AAARGHHH

Being a complete dumbass I have managed to lose the undercarriage for my Albatross D3 I am building (its a skytrex one) the rest of the model is built and painted so does anyone out there have any clue as to how I can fabricate one or would I just be better leaving it off?

If you contact Skytrex I am certain he will send you replacements, I have done this more than once and have not been charged. If you make an order at same time pretty sure they would add the extra bits for you. Give them a call and see what they say.
    C

Salutations Stewart!

While I think it stinks that you have lost parts... I must say that I am glad to see that I am not the only member here who has had an "AAAAARRGHHH!' type of day in the last few weeks... I can take comfort now that I am not alone.

Hopefully Skytrex will be good to you... and if not tell them that The Cowman said he is never shopping with them again!!!!

(Which will mean WoW minis only for me 'cause I aint buyin' from Reviresco ever again!)

Good Luck!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Well...if they don't give you the parts, you could always use it as a "downed" aircraft

Users Country Flag

Name
    Stewart
    Sorties Flown

Cheers Ken Just so you know I regularly have AAAARGH moments.
    @ALL I will contact Skytrex and see what they can do
    @ MayorJim if it wasnt for all the effort I put into making it I would use it as a downed aircraft but I just cant

I've replaced my SRAM Albatros C.X resin undercarriage with one built from 1mm plastic rod. It's not that hard to do. You can make the wheels from a slice of larger plastic rod too.

Stewart, if Skytrex don't come good, I've got a Reviresco undercart you can have. Hell, I'll throw in the rest of the Albatros with it, my opinion of it is so high
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Plasticard and greenstuff could always be substituted. The wheels might be tricky to make, but the cross spar and support would be easily done from plasticard. Then bulk up with GS.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Stewart
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Stewart, if Skytrex don't come good, I've got a Reviresco undercart you can have. Hell, I'll throw in the rest of the Albatros with it, my opinion of it is so high
    Cheers steve, I will contact skytrex next weekend when the CO gives me the chit to acquire a Gotha and if that fails I will get back to you