Ares Games

Thread: Users of Photobucket - Notice!

Default Users of Photobucket - Notice!

I have been running into this issue for a week or so, now. Not too big of an issue, but...

Anyone using Photobucket, and linking your photos to this site: Please Read!

Photobucket Now Charges $399/yr for Third Party Hosted Images/

BIG NOTE: Photobucket users will not be advised that images have been blocked!

What this means is: If you are uploading images to Photobucket, and trying to share them with other sites (like our Forum), they will be blocked until a subscription of $39.99/month or $399.99/yr is paid. No-one on the Aerodrome (or other sites; like "eBay, Etsy, Craigslist or another other site on the Internet that is not Photobucket.com") will be able to see your pictures until the Photbucket user subscribes.

This means any and all pictures from the beginning of your postings, if the images are on Photobucket and linked to the Aerodrome. The above article does list other free services, and gives the "How-To" to migrate your librarys off Photobucket.

If you are using Photobucket, and want Forum members to see your images, please go look at your threads to see if you have been blocked.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Thanks for posting this Mike.

I had noticed a number of Photobucket pictures disappearing from the Painting threads.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

sounds like its time to kick the photobucket...........

This is why so many people I know have been replacing the "b" with and "f", and the "e" with an "i".

Smile

Fortunately I gave Photobucket away years ago.

Yep, they have blocked mine. Not sure yet what my solution will be yet. Paying them that much money in not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chum View Post
    Yep, they have blocked mine. Not sure yet what my solution will be yet. Paying them that much money in not an option.
    The article provides the steps to download your library from Photo#uck*t. There is a suggestion for another free site within the article.

The sad part of this is that you will need to go back and re-link all the photos to the new service. That could be a serious work-load, as there may be years of cross-linking to fix. The expression that came to mind looking at this article was 'extortion'.
    Mike

Yeah Mike, I checked the link.....None of the options really did not appeal to me. None of them seem very stable.....hate to get started on another and it goes a different direction or out of business.

What do others use for doing 3rd parting imagining?

Singed up to a site called screenshot/file upload or something....very confusing. I thought If I created an account is would get more clearer.....nope.....not even a link to close your account. Changes sucks.

I believe I did find success. I went to my last photo on my pilot cards thread and used the "insert photo" option here on the forum.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ht=pilot+cards
    Last edited by Captain Chum; 07-18-2017 at 21:40.

Hmmm, first I have heard of this. I only have 13,339 photos on their site, not seeing any decay yet, will likely just let them drop off, I have everything on a 5 terabyte back up drive and few have accessed my past 5+ years postings and files . . . sad to see our digital archive and journey get lost . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Chum View Post
    Yeah Mike, I checked the link.....None of the options really did not appeal to me. None of them seem very stable.....hate to get started on another and it goes a different direction or out of business.

What do others use for doing 3rd parting imagining?
    I subscribed to this Forum to host my images. Hopefully, that works for the duration.

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Hmmm, first I have heard of this. I only have 13,339 photos on their site, not seeing any decay yet, will likely just let them drop off, I have everything on a 5 terabyte back up drive and few have accessed my past 5+ years postings and files . . . sad to see our digital archive and journey get lost . . .
    Well, Dave...

I do searches for things, once in a while. Which is why I noticed that things have disappeared, especially before 2012. One of your threads might be one of those on which I noticed the Photo#uck*t thing.
    Mike

I actually subscribed to PB because it was so hard to upload here and you had to adjust the size of the photos-I had only experience from the old Auto-CAD days and a tiny bit of CorelDraw2 skills, wish I had your skill set so I could by-pass all this stress . . . : ) Now there is a different feel on this site and less interest in the modeling side. Even the elves are starting to drift back into the shadows . . . waiting for winter and some cool weather to recharge my shop enthusiasm. Might still build the Dambusters ultimate game table, we'll see . . . .

Similar Missions

1. Posted on the notice board by the Co.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 22:35
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 00:31
  3. Ohio: Short Notice on Upcoming Columbus Event...
    By The Cowman in forum US Wing
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-14-2011, 01:30
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-27-2011, 12:35