Ares Games
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Blood Red Skies

I am on my cell bit I can look later tonight. For the record, I do have a FB account but I think they should be posting these files on their forum and on bgg for the good of all.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot, someone has been posting many of the cards in the Warlord BRS forum. You will need to sign up with an account.
    Last edited by Tokhuah; 10-26-2018 at 17:57.

Here's my lot.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20181026_174851.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	257044

Name:	20181026_174841.jpg 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	257045

Name:	20181026_174832.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	112.1 KB 
ID:	257046

Name:	20181026_174823.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	104.3 KB 
ID:	257047

Name:	20181026_174815.jpg 
Size:	107.8 KB 
ID:	257048

Name:	20181026_174807.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	160.8 KB 
ID:	257049
    Still available : ) just a PM away . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhuah View Post
    Warlord created beta rules including graphic designed, printable aircraft cards for many planes. How long has it been, six months, and they already far exceed the totality of Ares non-model support of their game.
    Actually its a bit more complex than that - the card design was done by a player with tacit approval from Warlord - basically similar to the player based cards here on the Aerodrome for WoG except using some official beta stats rather than player estimates. The plan was to release one a week if we could, within reason. Warlord are planning official card decks for 30 new planes in the near future but their physical model may take some time to come through.

Yes I have six or seven of those. They're quite nice even if the wing shape is a bit wrong they look the part.

It's no surprise Dave is busy, his product and service is excellent and Warlord are creating a demand that they can't fill. Over on the Ready Room everyone is buying from Dave and spreading the word. Even when Warlord do start regular releases they will never stray too far away from the main types so I expect Dave will still see a goodly number of returning customers for his models.

I understand the cards are not 100% official but the interactions around the development from Chambers shows a commitment to the process from Warlord. It makes the players feel like they are part of transparent beta testing. We do get some TLC from Andrea (see points development) but I do not get the feeling it leads to an outpouring of support and models from Ares as a company.

Quote Originally Posted by LS650 View Post
    Can you please tell me where to find these? I saw one comment that the extra material could be found on their Facebook page. I've looked at what I think is the right page and found nothing, so hopefully you can post a direct link or two.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/1649...?ref=bookmarks

https://www.warlordgames.com/communi...-stat-cards-1/

I would post them here if no one objected but I think that would not be appropriate

I understand the cards are not 100% official but the interactions around the development from Chambers shows a commitment to the process from Warlord. It makes the players feel like they are part of transparent beta testing. We do get some TLC from Andrea (see points development) but I do not get the feeling it leads to an outpouring of support and models from Ares as a company.
    Yes Andy Chambers wants as much player involvement as he can get. The stumbling block is Warlord simply can't meet demand for new models, but at least through these cards they are helping stimulate interest.

I think the crucial difference is Ares (and Nexus before them) were \ are a board game company who made \ makes models as a high end accessory to an existing game. I never got the impression Ares actually "got" the wargaming community. Warlord are a wargaming miniature company first and foremost so they are tuned in much more.

I am on my cell bit I can look later tonight. For the record, I do have a FB account but I think they should be posting these files on their forum and on bgg for the good of all.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot, someone has been posting many of the cards in the Warlord BRS forum. You will need to sign up with an account.
    Thanks. I've joined the BRS forum at Warlord Games.

Just joined the warloards site. Good to see that they are promoting their game with cards even if they don't have the planes. NEXUS did the Booster packs and that is something I and others have asked for over the years. I am glad I bought a few of the booster packs when I did. I have a couple of planes that were given to me just so he could get the maneuver decks.

Do we know if there are any future plans to introduce long range fighters like the De Havilland Mosquito or a Messerschmitt bf 110?

They've announced a release for a Mosquito squadron, but not yet ME-110:
    https://us-store.warlordgames.com/co...ood-red-skies/

That said, there is some talk on the Facebook Ready Room that Warlord is planning on releasing some ME-110s in the new year.
    Last edited by LS650; 10-28-2018 at 15:42.

When Dave (AIM) responded to my last order he mentioned he was having trouble sending a reply to 2 people. One from Australia and the other from Wisconsin. If anyone in here let me know I and can forward your info to Dave. I post this here because of the number of orders he is getting since BRS came out.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Similar Missions

1. Wings of War and Glory - Chapter 1: First Blood
    By Blackronin in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2016, 08:16
  2. AAR: First blood over Rabia
    By PonchoLatour in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-10-2013, 04:52
  3. Blood in the Air
    By PunkReaper in forum UK Wing