Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Availability of WW2 Miniatures

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Oh wow I never knew about this, although I think I saw something shared on facebook that looked like it was USA specific?
    The North American Event Rep is willing to provide Battle of Britain Starter Sets for demo sessions in Cananda, too. I was supposed to get one for the latest con here on Vancouver Island, but a spam filter cut off the comm channel, and I didn't catch it in time. But, future demos could have them. Contact Ares and ask. The worst they could say is 'no', but I suspect they want to assist with getting the word out, if people are willing to demo the game.

Also, I produce my own promo material, such as poster or handouts for the game. It would be nice if Ares did Con promo packs of Ace Skill cards, but until they do, I make them.

Posters to announce specific games or events can be borrowed from this album: OldGuy59's Recruiting Posters Album (example usage in the album, if you look around)

Or make your own posters?

Additionally, I produce actual skill cards for players to use during games, and to take away afterward, so they can use them if they take up the game (only the most recent airplane packs have skill cards).

Example:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	M-Con2017_WGF_AceCard_LP.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	208.4 KB 
ID:	232869

OldGuy59's Convention Ace Cards Album

For M-Con 2017, I produced the above card, as well as Bullet Checker (Central Powers and Entente versions), Itchy Trigger Finger (CP & E), and Perfect Aim (E). For people who win prizes like the Duel Pack, they actually try to scrounge the Ace Skill cards from other non-winners to use with their prizes.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 09-18-2017 at 23:03.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Oh wow I never knew about this, although I think I saw something shared on facebook that looked like it was USA specific?
    Couldn't hurt to enquire.

You've missed a key part of the perspective I'm coming from
    I'm a distributor in Australia, I have retail stores who have invested in the game and now want to improve sales, so promo material for them to hang up around the store, tournament kits they can use to drive sales through peoples competitive natures, all this is the kind of stuff they are asking for.
    Well, you have me there! I guess I am guilty of Ameri-centric thinking.

From reading on here I do know that it seems WoG is much more popular in Australia than it is in most of the U.S. Do you have any thoughts as to why?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. Gaming Mat Availability.
    By Tonx in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-01-2016, 04:47
  2. WGF WW2 miniatures for trade to get WW1 miniatures I'm missing
    By ldsdbomber in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-19-2013, 04:43
  3. National Availability of Ares miniatures
    By Harry Tate in forum UK Wing