Ares Games

Thread: North Texas Wings of Glory Players

Default North Texas Wings of Glory Players

I just found this site. This is terrific.
    I have played Wings of Glory for a few years, irregularly to be sure, but we like the game. There is an informal group of us that tries to meet every 4 to 6 weeks at Madness Games and Comics in Plano. I give credit to Michael Jones who hosts the events and graciously uses most of his gear for us to play with. He works hard at promoting the game and reserves the table space for us. He is on this site at DwarfLord22.

If you join the Facebook group called North Texas Gamers, that is a good way to stay current on what a broader group of games play pretty much every weekend. All of our Wings of Glory information ends up there as well.

welcome to the drome Les !!!!

Glad you joined us Les! Welcome to the Aerodrome!!

Quote Originally Posted by ChesterB View Post
    I just found this site. This is terrific.
    I have played Wings of Glory for a few years, irregularly to be sure, but we like the game. There is an informal group of us that tries to meet every 4 to 6 weeks at Madness Games and Comics in Plano. I give credit to Michael Jones who hosts the events and graciously uses most of his gear for us to play with. He works hard at promoting the game and reserves the table space for us. He is on this site at DwarfLord22.

If you join the Facebook group called North Texas Gamers, that is a good way to stay current on what a broader group of games play pretty much every weekend. All of our Wings of Glory information ends up there as well.

Glad you found it. So much fun info on this site.

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard.

Take your shoes off, stay a while, We're a friendly bunch.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad to see some new blood has found its way to the Forum, Les! I've enjoyed Dwardlord22's postings on your games recently - good that you've joined to partake and report, too.

I hope you find this place as wonderful as I've found it since I discovered it.

All the best,
    Matt

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Les, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

Welcome aboard, Les.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

welcome to the 'Drome, Les!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thanks - I was surprised to get so many "welcome" notes. Ohio is on our must visit list because of the Wright Patterson and the museum there. Are you anywhere near there? My adult son and I have talked about this trip for years and we had better do it soon while we can. My wife has an uncle in Dayton and used to summer vacation there a lot - but her family never did the air museum with her. Odd, since her father and all his brothers served in WW II in any number of branches -- but for some reason not Army Air Corps.

Thank you. I sure didn't expect so many "welcomes", this was really nice.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I live about 20-25 minutes away from the museum, Les, and the high school I taught at was only 5 minutes away. The museum opens at 9AM every day (except for a few national holidays), and it's a wonderful place to visit. Curiously enough like many famous places 'close to home', quite a few people never go visit, because it's simply 'there'...

Over the last ten years or so, since my boys have been old enough to appreciate it, I try to go several times a year. And the guys I regularly game with - every so often we'll grab breakfast at a local pub that does a killer breakfast and then head to the museum for a couple of hours...and the museum has a lovely souvenir/book shop where it's almost always easy to find something you 'need'...

If you're every in the area, let me know - I'd be happy to act as an informal tour guide!

All the best,
    Matt

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Les.

Welcome to the site Les. A great bunch of people with lots of information and knowledge.

Irish Flyboy

Default First Post

Greetings,

Moved back to Texas a few months back, living in Carrollton. I am currently flying for the CP in the WoG Campaign at Texas Toy Soldier, which is a 3rd the distance from my house to Madness. But I still go to Madness for various gaming.

See ya over No Man's Land. Bye the way, how do I get a pretty aircraft, preferably the Green Maccia Amphib as the plane to the left?

Larry

Welcome to the Aerodrome Les and Larry.

Les, if you are serious about going to the museum at WP, try to time it with Origins where you can play Wings for 5 days!

Hi all!! Wanted to say hello. I am new to the site and WoG game. Been a fan of WWI aviation since an early age and loved playing the Red Baron (and Red Baron 3D) video game. That is where my moniker comes from. Looking forward to enjoying the hobby here and on the table. I hope to meet some of you at Madness games in Plano, Texas!

Best,
    Dale

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Dale, from here 'across The Pond' in the United Kingdom. If you explore this site you will find much to add to your enjoyment of the game and please feel free to ask questions. You will find the people here are very friendly and helpful.

Thanks David, much appreciated!

Cheers,
    Dale

Welcome to the 'drome!

Thanks Daniel!

Welcome from the AZ! Its a fun site and great crew!

Thumbs up

Welcome to the 'drome Dale on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia,
    Lots of great things to explore here on the Site.

Thanks David and Barry! Very much appreciate the well wishes. Looking forward to the site and interactions with fellow pilots.

Les,

Welcome from SE Michigan, glad you found us!

John

Hi John,

Hello from Texas! I grew up in SE Michigan.

Best,
    Dale

Hello Les, welcome to the group!!!

Sentinel Chicke

New to the game, live in southern Denton County (Flower Mound/Lewisville). My 8 year old son and I have just started playing and have been enjoying it. We started off with the Albatros/SPAD duel pack, we have the Fokker Triplane and Sopwith Camel coming in the mail soon.

Welcome to the Aerodrome to you and your son, JP, from here in the United Kingdom. You will find much on this site to add to your enjoyment of the game, so do explore it. If you have any questions about the game, please feel free to ask them. You will find the members here are very friendly and helpful.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

I join with my fellow Aerodrome mates to welcome you most heartily. I noticed that you indicated that you play in Plano Texas. What part of the Dallas/Ft Worth area are you located in?
    The reason I ask is that it looks as if my family and I will be relocating to the Ft. Worth-possibly Arlington area sometime in 2021 or so. (depending on my wife's employer and when things will transpire for the transfer)
    I am currently looking for local game stores and other players in that area for to play Wings of Glory WW1 & WW2, Sails of Glory, and Battlestar Galactica as well as other games.

Again, Welcome aboard Laddie! Have yer self a Brew or shot of what you wish, and kick back and enjoy the group!

Welcome to the Aerodrome to Dale and JP. Looks like a lot of Wings players popping up in Texas. Hope you guys are close enough to get together once on a while.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Daniel
    Arizona (Otherwise known as Hell's back porch)
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Gutt View Post
    Hi all!! Wanted to say hello. I am new to the site and WoG game. Been a fan of WWI aviation since an early age and loved playing the Red Baron (and Red Baron 3D) video game. That is where my moniker comes from. Looking forward to enjoying the hobby here and on the table. I hope to meet some of you at Madness games in Plano, Texas!

Best,
    Dale
    Welcome to the Aerodrome Dale! With any luck I may be able to join some of y'all up there in Plano sometime when I/we move out to Arlington Tx.

Similar Missions

1. National: Wings of Glory a Napoli - Wings of Glory in Neaples
    By Angiolillo in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-06-2016, 02:02
  2. South England Looking for Wings of Glory WWI players in SW London
    By Conall in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-03-2016, 15:00
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-10-2016, 10:08
  4. Replies: 1