Ares Games

Thread: WWI system vs WWII system question????

Default WWI system vs WWII system question????

Hi Gang,
    Since I dont enjoy the WWII WoW style I am thinking of changing it to the WWI WoW style. The 3 card system seems much easier and logical to me. Has anyone else done this or worked out a system similar to this idea?
    Please let me know what you have done.
    Thanks,
    Jonesy

Jeff...great minds think alike The DoW system caused me to remember all my prior picks for movement ...and then plot new ones...I found it pretty confusing. (although my wife had no problem with it) ...we tried a couple quick games using the WoW move selection process and did not really notice any downgrade in the game.

I have got to admit that it depends on what game I am playing WoW or DoW. For a social game with more talking than playing I like the WoW system, but for a realy good fight I like the DoW set up, you have no time for talking appart a swear word. You are to busy thinking or trying to remember what cards you have put on the flight board. DoW is a fast game and I like it like that!

I have to agree with Doug... The DoW system is much more of a dogfight system always trying to keep ahead of your opponent and more thinking... Constant pressure, just like the real thing (maybe). I find the WoW system somewhat boring compared to DoW personally. Often find yourself miles from nowhere by the 3rd card, though it is easier for beginners.

Similar Missions

1. WWII-A question of scale
    By afilter in forum Polls
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 05-30-2015, 06:13
  2. WoW Point System...
    By Greywolf in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 03:12
  3. Point system?
    By LazyEyedPsycho in forum WGF: House Rules
    Replies: 2