Ares Games

Thread: Appeal for help.

Default Appeal for help.

Anyone on the site know where I can get a copy of a woven R.F.C. wings badge made up. I have tried my local supplier and there No is now unavailable.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Rob, my folks have an embroidery business. If you have a good picture of it (and good graphical logo is even better), they could make one up for you I'm sure.

There is a place out of Chicago that has reproduction badges & such:

http://www.milprom.com/British/index.htm

This one out of England:

http://www.mycollectors.co.uk/conten...ap-Badges.aspx

I was going to suggest finding a custom embroidery shop... sounds like Keith can hook you up! And if he does, I want a set too!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

or you could try:

http://www.rafmuseumshop.com/shop/BJ...ic=0&offset=12

You could also get a pair of shoulder patches and sew them on your PJs
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thanks for all the info chaps. It will give me food for thaught. I will not, however, be taking up guntrucks suggestion for my night attire as I feel it would look a little incongruous on my nightshirt. I am ,however, considering putting a cap badge on my nightcap.
    Rob.

You don't fly the dawn patrol in silk pajamas and overcoat? I thought that was de rigueur on the Western Front! - and if you do, surely Guntruck's suggestion is prudent

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamus View Post
    You don't fly the dawn patrol in silk pajamas and overcoat? I thought that was de rigueur on the Western Front! - and if you do, surely Guntruck's suggestion is prudent
    I am reduced to wearing my flannel nightshirt. The last time I saw the silk pajamas Joanna was wearing them.
    Kyte.

Last time I saw them Joanna WASN'T wearing them!

Oh! And the reason I posted was to suggest asking the nice people at http://www.thegreatwarsociety.com/ - They're sure to have some way of conjuring something.

Wink

Rob. Would that happen to be your "Lucky Nightcap" ?

Lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Bryan View Post
    Rob. Would that happen to be your "Lucky Nightcap" ?

Lucky.
    No I'm afraid not. My lucky nightcap comes in a green bottle.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    No I'm afraid not. My lucky nightcap comes in a green bottle.
    Rob.
    Sanatogen?
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Sanatogen?
    Hi Gunners. What make of Gin is that? I must try it sometime.
    Rob.

It's an american company, but you can get reproduction embroidered RFC Wings from derdienst.com. I've done business with them before - they are reputable and have great products.

Thanks Brad. I'm waying up the pros and cons at the moment
    Rob.