Ares Games

Thread: New boardgame - Eagle of Lille Bloody April expansion pack

Default New boardgame - Eagle of Lille Bloody April expansion pack

http://www.milsims.com.au/node/134613

The Eagle of Lille expansion to Bloody April (Air War over Arras France 1917) expands the air war to follow the career of Immelmann and some of the other early aces such as Oswald Boelcke and Lanoe Hawker. Seven new scenarios cover the period from August 1915 to early 1917 while including tables which randomize taskings and add replayability to the scenarios. 16 new Aircraft Data Cards are in this expansion. They include German single seat scout aeroplanes; Fokker Eindecker E.1, Eindecker E.II/E.III and Fokker D.III. German two-seater aeroplanes; Albatros C.I, Albatros C.III, Aviatik C.1 and LVG C.II as well as flying battle plane the AEG G.II with a crew of four. The British get a bevy of new aeroplanes; Bristol Scout C, B.E.12, RE.7 and Vickers FB5 Gun Bus as well as French made Nieuport 16, Morane-Saulnier N, L and BB.

A new 8” x 11” map extension adds the off-map aerodrome of Treizennes and Merville as a now playable area to fly. A 25 1/2"x 11" map extension shows the German and Allies aerodrome east of Amiens. New Advanced rules for Bloody April such as Aeroplane Quick Turn and new rules for Eagle of Lille have been added. Two new counter sheets of aeroplanes and informational markers are included to round out this folio expansion. Take to the skies over France like never before and relive the battles that started air warfare as we know it today.
    Ownership of Bloody April is required to play this expansion.

Contents:
    Rulebook & Playbook (28 pages)
    2 countersheets
    1 8 1/2 x 11" map (map 'N')
    1 25 1/2 x 11" map (map 'S')
    8 German Aircraft data card
    8 British Aircraft data card

How does this compare to Richthofen's War, Carl ?
    Had a quick look at the Bloody April release on boardgame geek - looks like it might be $$$ to get it now.
    Just like WoW ...

Seems it is very adaptable to solitaire play, which really interests me.
    Last edited by Stumptonian; 06-11-2017 at 11:02.

Just completed a quick run thru of Amazon, E Bay and Board Game Geek....all listed as out of stock at GMT Games (publisher)...one copy on Amazon 2nd hand for sale @ $175...way out of my interest range...original from GMT has no indication of reprint plans or timeline. FYI original from GMT lists at $55...plus Eagle of Lille Expansion lists @ $20+...looks worthy of tracking in the event it is ever reprinted.

Looks like I missed it by 3 weeks.

eBay

P.S. If anyone has a copy they would like to unload, please PM me.

Got it from eBay complete with the Eagle of Lille expansion - new and unopened.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumptonian View Post
    Got it from eBay complete with the Eagle of Lille expansion - new and unopened.
    Now you know we will need a review at some point Pete

Similar Missions

1. AAR OTT Early Doors Mission 8: Von Machin & The Eagle of Lille.
    By FarEast in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-27-2015, 01:26
  2. Western Front: The Eagle of Lille
    By fast.git in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-15-2015, 18:15
  3. WGF For Sale: New Balloon (Yellow) Expansion Pack
    By rcboater in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-29-2014, 19:22
  4. An article about the Eagle of Lille