Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reviresco SE.5a Build Project

Users Country Flag

Name
    Andy
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Andy, I think there is a bit of a clue in the thread title
    Ouch! - might not help them if they see it without first reading this thread....lol

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Nice one, really like the pilot. Is he the kits own pilot or one you have added ?
    All of the Reviresco kits I have purchased so far have come with a pilot. I think they are a teeny bit large for the scale of the model, but I like them!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by The Cowman View Post
    All of the Reviresco kits I have purchased so far have come with a pilot. I think they are a teeny bit large for the scale of the model, but I like them!
    Nice detail on them though. They paint up.well. The same crit on size has been made about Peter Pig, but what is the point of putting them in if you can only see the top of their heads. You might just as well have the W.o.W. blobs.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 12-17-2010 at 11:24.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Nice detail on them though. They paint up.well. The same crit on size has been made about Peter Pig, but what is the point of putting them in if you can only see the top of there heads. You might just as well have the W.o.W. blobs.
    Rob.
    I shall defer to your point... Agreed! I do think the "bobble head" look goes great with the bovine camouflage!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

Turned out great, Ken, Well Done. How did the landing gear trick work out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by gregbond77 View Post
    Turned out great, Ken, Well Done. How did the landing gear trick work out for you?
    Thanks Greg!. Since I painted the gear parts before I glued them in place, I did not sue any white glue on them... but they kinda held together on their own, and I was able to easily line them up...
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Ken that turned out great!

Okay, am I the only one thinking about doing a Cowman SE5A now just for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by Warhorse47 View Post
    Ken that turned out great!

Okay, am I the only one thinking about doing a Cowman SE5A now just for fun?
    Thx! Have at it! Send us pics when you get it done! I think the Barn red works perfect with the Cow Spotted wings, but maybe you could find an even better color combo!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Love it! Nice paint job!

Great read and superb work...though I'm not to fussed on the over sized pilots....I'm a historical realism freak and anal bout silly things like that...

Quote Originally Posted by Attila57 View Post
    It's the first time I see an airplane with the livery of a cappuccino machine!

Attilio

I want one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by needles View Post
    Ken

Simply awesome my friend, a fitting tribute to your skill and tenacity. Sadly the first question people will ask is, whos kit is it? I would be tempted to say you have scratch built it. I have never seen so much flash on a white metal kit, the flash on the wing was almost the width again.

Thank you for putting together this construction series. Hopefully it will give others the encouragement to have a go with an insight as to what to expect out of the box.

The Games Workshop Citadel paints are superb. I also play Warhammer and all their kit are first class. I have just bought the new plastic work station which allows you to model with the tray on your knee. The new paints now come in air tight pots.

It makes the job so much easier to have the right tools

Needles
    And one of those!

Thanks to everyone for the nice compliments! I had fun building it despite the hassles at times. I am working on the Tripehound, but Christmas and my health have been keeping me busy and away from the hobby room!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. Reviresco Sopwith Triplane Build Project
    By The Cowman in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 73
    Last Post: 02-28-2011, 22:32
  2. Anyone want to build me a Gotha?
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-03-2011, 14:00
  3. Project Question
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club