Thread: A question to confirm about aiming

Users Country Flag

Name
    Just
    Sorties Flown

Question A question to confirm about aiming

A question to confirm.

In a situation of aiming at short range:
    A: The two cards damage received damage bonus of +1?
    (example (CD 1p +1) + (CD 2p +1)=5 points of damage).
    or ?
    B: Both cards combined damage +1?
    (example (CD 1p + CD 2p)+1= 4 points of damage).

If I have not misunderstood, I think that is the option A, I assume that 0 is always 0.

Providing an idea, you think that a fighter armed with bombs and therefore with extra weight could make all sorts of maneuvers ?,perhaps carrying bombs, should not be able to do advanced maneuvers including immelmans until let go out bombs.

A: Both cards get the +1 Damage due to the aim bonus, and you're correct that a 0 damage card still only does no damage.

I've got an idea that the penalty about your bombs has been mentioned on another thread somewhere, but I can't place it. Your plane wuold certainly be more sluggish with a load of bombs, just like carrying extra guns and ammo.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Spark,
    You've got it right with "A"...zero damage cards don't get the +1.

Hi Spark,
    Don't forget that Disruption would mean that if a plane takes at least one damage point in a round, it loses any tailing and AIM advantages for the next round of play in the turn.
    Cheers Aled

In regards to the bombs I think I read it in ww2 section that they can't do immelmans and in between a steep maneuver you have to have 2 non steep maneuvers before another steep maneuver.

It's in the FOTG rulebook; no Immelmanns and two non-steeps after playing a steep as you said. Also, climb rate worsens by 1 point. Only applies if you have over half your bomb load remaining.

Similar Missions

1. Immelman and aiming
    By Air Battle Mgr in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-02-2010, 10:15