Ares Games

Thread: World Record Breaker Events at Origins

Default World Record Breaker Events at Origins

Hi Folks,

We were looking at the events at Origins, and there are three Record Breaking Events hosted by Ares - WGF, WGS, and SoG. According to the Origins website, the cost for WGF and SoG is $12 apiece, and for WGS is $2.

Does anyone know if there is a mistake in the pricing, and, if so, what the actual prices are?

Is anyone planning on participating?
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Those are the 'upcharges' that Isabella asked me to enter for those two events, Erik...

I would assume that participants perhaps receive a prize 'covered' by that additional $10 over the normal $2 charge that our games usually are. I have no idea how many folks will participate in this kind of game, particularly given its heftier cover charge compared to other gaming opportunities, and especially if one is on a tight budget.

Not sure if I will join the action or be helping to manage our BGIF area during those times...

All the best,
    Matt

The up charge covers the cost of the mini which you will get to keep.

Thanks for the clarification.

I wonder, then, if they will make the numbers.
    “You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.” ― Plato

ill be in both wgf and wgs events!

As of this morning, there are two people signed up for both Wings games and no one for the Sails game. I wonder if they should have forgone the prize and just made it a $2 event. Time will tell.

I've signed up. Looking forward to a good time, but will probably be cannon fodder.

I'm in for the WGF and WGS events. Hope they are advertising enough to drum up enough players to make the new records. Should be fun.

Wish I could be there...

Never Knowingly Undergunned !!

What are the current records for the largest number of players in a single game for WGF and WGS?

Hi all

I am travelling from across the pond to participate for the week at Origins.

I have had difficulty in trying to find where to sign up for the 'extra events'

I have the GM access / pass completed

I would like to participate in all 3 events if they do not clash with the pirates game i am running...

Matt can you register me for them?

See you Friday 9th

Cheers

Simon / Maverick / Ensign Patch

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Hi all

I am travelling from across the pond to participate for the week at Origins.

I have had difficulty in trying to find where to sign up for the 'extra events'

I have the GM access / pass completed

I would like to participate in all 3 events if they do not clash with the pirates game i am running...

Matt can you register me for them?

See you Friday 9th

Cheers

Simon / Maverick / Ensign Patch

i look forward to seeing you there!!!

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

We should be able to get you in them using the 'chips' we can purchase that allow a player to get into any game that still has room - we'll sort that out once we're at the con, Simon.

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    What are the current records for the largest number of players in a single game for WGF and WGS?
    It's 100 for WGF Carl, set by the Italian Wing, not sure there is one for WGS
    http://www.aresgames.eu/9674

"He is wise who watches"

chuck42

Here's a partial AAR by one of the flyers: About 18 pilots signed on for the WWI world record breaker (no record broken this year, unfortunately). On the southern flank of the battle, chuck42 flew into the thick of a fur ball which included her cousin Mark (true WoG noob in his 1st ever game), Misdomingo, and 2 others. Guns blazing, Misdomingo leapt from the burning wreckage of her blue Albatros DIII (Frommherz). She crawled out across the wing as her plane took a nosedive. Luckily chuck42 was flying at an elevation just below her in a matching red Albatros DIII (Von Richthofen) and caught Misdomingo in mid fall. Misdomingo saw her chance for a new plane and Chuck42 parachuted into a nearby Starbucks for an Origins caffeine fill-up.

Misdomingo piloted the commandeered redbird and exacted her revenge, earning a true ace with 5 kills. The last 2 planes circled each other and exchanged simultaneous fire. The other pilot drew a donut. Misdomingo took just too much damage and plummeted Earthward.

So a hearty thank you for all the fun and also for such a warm welcome for my cousin's 1st convention ever.

Clear skies to you all,

chuck42

Similar Missions

1. Origins Events 2014
    By CappyTom in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 23:54
  2. Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 10:32