Ares Games

Thread: Wintercon Arrangements?

Question Wintercon Arrangements?

Zoe I just wondered if you have organised anything for Wintercon this year.
    Could you also advise dates please.

Hi Barry,

I believe that she has organized it for the weekend of 15-16 July. I have booked my flights and accommodation already and hope to see you there

From the site: http://www.cgs.asn.au/wintercon/

Wintercon 2017 is currently being pencilled in for the following dates:

Set up: Friday 14th July
    Day one: Saturday 15th July
    Day two: Sunday 16th July.

I've contacted the organisers, and there is a table and place reserved for the traditional WGF participation game.

Is there anything you would like us to bring?

Great to hear it'll be on this year again.

I hope to be along with the boys at some stage over the weekend.

Thumbs up

Great work Zoe!
    I wonder if Carl can make it down from Qld. & bring that great WoG Banner he had at Briscon?

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    Is there anything you would like us to bring?
    Yourselves, and any favourite repainted aircraft. One of the advantages of having a large collection is that I can supply almost anything. The downside is that it's got to the state that transporting it all is a pain, and locating one aircraft amongst hundreds during a comp likewise.

Are there any particular periods or scenarios you'd like to see? To have a decent Battle of Britain involving multiple R.VIs would take two tables - and I think we only have one. I'll be doing Bloody April, 1917 of course. The D.IIIs might arrive in time... But if not, I have a few anyway.

A Scenario involving Soviets trying to intercept a Ukrainian gold shipment from Germany is on the cards too, plus the traditional 1918 fights.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Great work Zoe!
    I wonder if Carl can make it down from Qld. & bring that great WoG Banner he had at Briscon?
    Hi Baz, afraid not mate, my family have called dibs on that weekend as I turn 50 on Sunday - there is a 'do' in the offing.

If anyone else from Brisbane is heading down I would be happy to dispatch the banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoe Brain View Post
    Yourselves, and any favourite repainted aircraft. One of the advantages of having a large collection is that I can supply almost anything. The downside is that it's got to the state that transporting it all is a pain, and locating one aircraft amongst hundreds during a comp likewise.

Are there any particular periods or scenarios you'd like to see? To have a decent Battle of Britain involving multiple R.VIs would take two tables - and I think we only have one. I'll be doing Bloody April, 1917 of course. The D.IIIs might arrive in time... But if not, I have a few anyway.

A Scenario involving Soviets trying to intercept a Ukrainian gold shipment from Germany is on the cards too, plus the traditional 1918 fights.
    I scaled down for Briscon Zoe. Instead of bringing everything I brought enough for the posted scenarios along with enough extras to cater for additional missions. It meant that set up and pack up were far more reasonable and in any event there were still a lot of aircraft that never got to the table.

Stick to Bloody April, a First Blitz mission and some late war/1919 stuff.

The Russian scenario sounds intriguing.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 03-28-2017, 22:38
  2. Wintercon 2016
    By Zoe Brain in forum Australian Wing
    Replies: 78
    Last Post: 07-24-2016, 03:42
  3. Wintercon 2016
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-19-2016, 05:45