Thread: Beaufort decals - 1/200 scale

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default Beaufort decals - 1/200 scale

Order arrived from Armaments in Miniature yesterday. It included 1/200 scale Beauforts and Lancasters. Both models look very nice and are nice castings.

Here's an unpainted Beaufort undergoing decals, test-fitting. Initially I'll be offering decal sets for No.22 and No.217 squadrons. 217 out of Malta.

Feedback appreciated. Unless there are significant issues, I expect Beaufort sets will be available within a week.

Kevin

20170502_112329.jpg

The white Q on the 2d picture can be hard to see, I've an arrow to assist.
    20170502_112352.jpg

Looking good Kev. Appreciate the 217 variant.
    Reg

It is great that AIM is making 1/200 Beauforts! I will have to get three for RAAF service.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    It is great that AIM is making 1/200 Beauforts! I will have to get three for RAAF service.
    I think the RAAF got far better use from the Beauforts than the Brits. Used it for a lot more roles as well.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

I can add some decals for RAAF Beauforts if there's an interest.

Default RAAF Beaufort Decals

Hi Kevin,

I would suggest 100 Squadron RAAF, the first Australian unit to be equipped with the type. The squadron flew its first combat missions in June 1942, making it the first of the RAAF's Beaufort bomber-equipped squadrons to see combat. During the mission seven aircraft bombed targets around Lae, losing one aircraft whilst sinking a Japanese merchant ship. On 6 October 1942 the Squadron conducted its first torpedo strike, with six Beauforts targeting Japanese naval vessels. On 9 January 1943 a convoy returning from Lae was intercepted by six Beauforts off Gasmata. A Japanese cruiser was believed sunk in the action, for the loss of two aircraft. Eight aircraft from the squadron participated in the Battle of the Bismarck Sea, during which the squadron conducted a torpedo-bombing mission. From March 1943 100 Squadron Beauforts operated solely in the level bombing role targeting Japanese shipping, bases and ground forces in support of Allied operations in New Guinea and surrounding islands. The squadron flew its final wartime bombing mission the morning Japan surrendered, on 15 August 1945.

Some 100 Squadron RAAF examples below:

Beaufort 100 Sqn RAAF.jpg

Serial A9-418 served with 100 Sqn RAAF (pictured) as well as 6 and 21 Sqns. The aircraft survived the war to be struck off charge in 1946.

Beaufort 100 Squadron RAAF 2.jpg

Serial A9-486.

Beaufort 100 Squadron RAAF 3.jpg

Serial A9-216.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Carl, thanks for those. Kevin

I'm seeing Beauforts in the future; Aussie ones would be good
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

I'll plan to have decals for 100 sqn RAAF and at least one other RAAF sqn.

Quote Originally Posted by miscmini View Post
    I'll plan to have decals for 100 sqn RAAF and at least one other RAAF sqn.
    Sweet Kevin. Do you know when Dave is going to release Beauforts on the AIM page?

Quote Originally Posted by Carl_Brisgamer View Post
    Sweet Kevin. Do you know when Dave is going to release Beauforts on the AIM page?
    They're available now, Carl, although not yet listed--Dave said he needs to have his son stop by and update the website. The price is $6.00 each.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Dave, mentioned that the item code for the 1/200 Beaufort will be R9-0323.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrylH View Post
    They're available now, Carl, although not yet listed--Dave said he needs to have his son stop by and update the website. The price is $6.00 each.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default 1/200 Beaufort sheet samples

Here are two in-progress samples for 1/200 scale Beaufort decal sheets.

For No. 217 squadron out of St. Eval, it looks like there'll be six models worth of national markings, 12 aircraft ID choices, and three variants of the squadron code, MW. A second sheet of 217 decals will have C.1 roundels and single letter aircraft codes done in white.

For No.100 Squadron RAAF it looks like I'll have to move the sheet information to a slip of paper so the sheet will fit in it's plastic bag. Looking to get six models' worth of national markings and 12 aircraft IDs and serial numbers. The large RAAF roundels are 6.75mm in diameter, the smaller ones 3.25mm, code letters are 3mm, and the serial numbers are 1.25mm tall.

For the second sheet of RAAF decals I'm considering the smaller roundels and perhaps having options of two squadron codes and six aircraft IDs.

M9-0323-217A Beaufort.jpg

M9-0323 Beaufort 100 sqn RAAF.jpg

For No.100 Squadron RAAF it looks like I'll have to move the sheet information to a slip of paper so the sheet will fit in it's plastic bag. Looking to get six models' worth of national markings and 12 aircraft IDs and serial numbers.

M9-0323 Beaufort 100 sqn RAAF.jpg
    These are excellent Kevin.

I have emailed Dave to send me some Beauforts, how do I order and pay for your decals?

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Thanks Carl. The Beaufort decals are now available in my web-store. There are four sheets available and each is $5. Shipping is $2.50 for 1st class postage, even international. If the web-store is being fussy, you can send me a PM and let me know what you want and I'll generate a PayPal request. The sheets are described below.

No.22 squadron - two sheets, type A.1 roundels, only the code letters vary between sheets.
    http://shop.miscmini.com/products/br...dot22-squadron

No.217 squadron - two sheets, one sheet offers full squadron and a/c codes with type A.1 roundels. The other sheet offers only aircraft code letters, type C.1 roundels - meant to reflect being based on Malta.
    http://shop.miscmini.com/products/br...t-217-squadron

No.100 squadron RAAF - one sheet that has national markings for six models and choices of 12 aircraft codes.
    http://shop.miscmini.com/products/br...4-c994fbf8026e

No.6 and No.8 squadrons RAAF - one sheet has squadron codes for both 6 and 8 squadron. For aircraft IDs, there are six for 6 squadron and a choice from nine for 8 squadron.
    http://shop.miscmini.com/products/br...squadrons-raaf

Thanks Kevin, order placed for Beaufort and Spitfire decals.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

I noticed the web-store didn't default to the correct postage. I'll send a refund for the excess. Was just on the way to the Post Office when I saw the notification. I'll add your order and it'll be on it's way in several minutes.

Thanks for the order. Kevin

I noticed the web-store didn't default to the correct postage. I'll send a refund for the excess. Was just on the way to the Post Office when I saw the notification. I'll add your order and it'll be on it's way in several minutes.

Thanks for the order. Kevin
    Great service Kevin, thanks

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Default Finished Beaufort

Here's what the No. 22 squadron decals look like on the finished model.

20170529_171026.jpg

Similar Missions

1. WGSF 1/200 scale Beaufort decal test run
    By miscmini in forum Colors and Markings
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2017, 15:20
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-28-2017, 17:36
  3. A.W. Whitley decals 1/200 scale
    By miscmini in forum United Kingdom
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-15-2017, 15:46