Ares Games

Thread: Balloons on E-bay

Default Balloons on E-bay

Just noticed 2 balloon boxes up on E-bay tonight for those interested.

But if you're not in a hurry keep in mind the reprint is scheduled for release second quarter this year.

But the boxes on E-bay have the Nieu 16's

Those are also being reprinted at around the same time. I'm not sure if they are being sold as a set though.

I've got the Balloon sets, both new in box. Yes, they are schedded to be reprinted this summer but I don't know if that's a lock or not. In any case these are available now.

$200 for the pair or $110 singly, plus ship. PM if interested.

WHOO-HOO more Balloons! We need 'em. That would be a much needed re-print. I sure would like to see a different style too, like the German "Sausage". Quite honestly though, this and the next series of re-print planes with the SE5A are about the last re-prints I will buy. These regurgitated planes are getting quite old. I would like to see some NEW planes, that would get my wallet to open up!

Need at least one more reprint after this..season 5 with the DH 2's. Biggest issue is keeping them in print and avalible.

Andrea's said they're in the pipeline - I expect to see them released when the new scenario book comes out.... whenever that is !

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Nowotny View Post
    ... I sure would like to see a different style too, like the German "Sausage"...
    Me too Jim but I think we're gonna get the Caquot style again - another sale lost to me. I will have to go to AIM for my Parseval Sigfried.

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

[QUOTE=flash;466176]Me too Jim but I think we're gonna get the Caquot style again - another sale lost to me. I will have to go to AIM for my Parseval Sigfried.[/QUOT

If you consider the large variety of Aircraft flown in WWI, Ares has a seeming endless supply of model variations available. Just look at the folks that make shapeways Planes. There are some very nice models of pretty much any WWI plane there. I would find it nice to fly something different other than the same old plane in a different paint scheme for a change. Heck, I still haven't even taken the last series out of the shrinkwrap because we use all the original planes from that re-print. I bought them over a year ago now? Can't find much use for them at the moment.

I know ideas for a prospective series 10 have been bruited around - Pup and Pfalz D.XII being mentioned as contenders - but there are a lot of staples a lot of/some people haven't got which is, I assume, why Ares is reprinting them.

As an example, I am pretty good for series I as I bought some Nexus planes way back before losing interest for a while but the majority of the rest have been bought in the last 15 months or so, so I have no series 4 planes and only a Morane-Saulnier N from series 5.

Also I've only ever seen a balloon for sale at high prices - so I will definitely buy one when it appears unless it's really expensive.

Mind you I have also got some Shapeways to paint - and thought they include a DH.2, SE.5 and Fokker E.III, the rest are a mix of mid war machines - a Hansa-Brandenburg C.I and D.I, a DFW C.V, a Pomilio PD, a BE.2c and e, an FE.2d and an AW FK.8.

Regards

Edward

Similar Missions

1. How many balloons?
    By KiltedWolf in forum Polls
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 01-03-2015, 11:28
  2. Balloons
    By Wats3945 in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-14-2014, 11:35
  3. WGF Balloons, balloons everywhere!