Ares Games

Thread: Curious ComiCon, Nanaimo - 6 May 2017

Default Curious ComiCon, Nanaimo - 6 May 2017

I will be hosting some WGF games at the following "Con": Curious ComiCon

This was a small event run by a local 'comic book/games' shop in a mall. It has grown every year, and this year, they are running it like a full-fledged Con. Artists and guests are being brought in, demo games, Geek Vendors, the lot.

Myself, and Shane [Skyguy001], will be tag-teaming WGF and X-Wing games all day long.

Custom Souvenir cards for the day's event:
    Name:  ComiCON2017_AceCards_BltChecker1.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  211.6 KB

Name:  x_wing_InCON_upgrades_2_CrackShot.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  288.4 KB
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

At the mall!
    Name:  IMG_20170506_093215.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  150.5 KB

Set-up, just before the mall opens.

Shane [SkyGuy001] and I planned to tag team Wing of Glory and X-Wing, and they gave us these huge tables. So, we set up both games, anyway. Whether we play both at the same time may not happen. Let's see how crowded it gets.
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 05-06-2017 at 10:17.
    Mike

Have a good one Mike

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

It was a pretty good morning for Shane and I, but Mike, the Curious Comics organizer, was run off his feet dealing with issues. So, I didn't find out there were minis to give away until the afternoon, when things had ramped down considerably in the mall. Oh, well. I now have a few minis to give away at MosaiCon in September.

All in all, I had five people sit down and play during the day. Considering that most people were at the mall for other things, and not particularly coming to see Wings of Glory, I count that as a big win. I talked to many more people that were everything from mildly curious to very, very interested. One older gentleman kept coming back to ask questions and drool, but was towing three grandkids of very young age that would not sit still for a game. All the way through the day, I was handing out Aerodrome business cards (File Link: Aerodrome Business Card 2013), so I hope we see a few people pop into the 'drome.

Estimates of attendance for the day were 2000-2500. Awesome! One can hope that I see some of them at MosaiCon in the fall, or next year at ComiCon. Then, they will be looking for Wings of Glory, and actually have time to sit and play.

All good for growing the hobby!

PS: If any of the players from the morning sessions at ComiCon contact me here, I will give them a mini from the give-away pile. They just need to PM (Private Message) me here, and I will arrange a mutually convenient drop-off.
    Mike

First new recruit from ComicCon!

TerraBooma

Please welcome him here: Welcome to a New Recruit
    Mike

Glad you had a good day, and at least 1 recruit.

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Similar Missions

1. National: San Marino Game 2017 7 maggio 2017
    By Mad Charly in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-08-2017, 22:39
  2. British Columbia: Curious Comics Nanaimo Hosts Wings of Glory
    By OldGuy59 in forum Canadian Wing
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-12-2017, 10:43
  3. General A rather curious plane - DFW T28 Floh
    By Foz in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 15