Ares Games

Thread: F-Toy 109 and Spitfire

Default F-Toy 109 and Spitfire

I have read a few complaints about the Nexus/Ares models of these and was wondering how the F-Toys models fare in terms of historical accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter View Post
    I have read a few complaints about the Nexus/Ares models of these and was wondering how the F-Toys models fare in terms of historical accuracy?
    Gary,
    Not really an issue, actually.

Unless you are into 1/144th scale WGS, in which case any failings of the Ares models are of no concern. There is the lack of separate maneuver decks, though. So, a bit of a trade-off, I suppose.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I was turned on to the F-Toys 1/144 a few years ago by Rick S. We have played a number of games using them and I have quite few of them. The F-Toys are nice for what they are, models/toys. They have a number of planes that Ares doesn't make in 1/200 but you can get some of them by other manufactures in 1/200 (AIM). Remember this is a game and the models are not museum quality. They are here to add a different dimension to the game other than using the cards. just have fun while playing.

Sorry to bump an older thread but I do have an F-Toys question. OTHER THAN eBay, is there a good place in the USA to buy F-Toys? Help me out please!
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

Which aircraft are you looking for? I have a box of them somewhere here.

Just saw this Chuck. Here is where I bought many F-Toys. You have to get them by the case but comes out to $5.00 per model. I haven't ordered from there in some time so not sure what they may still have. as Clipper asked what are you looking for.

http://www.bcmini.com/

Quote Originally Posted by ArkansasChuck View Post
    Sorry to bump an older thread but I do have an F-Toys question. OTHER THAN eBay, is there a good place in the USA to buy F-Toys? Help me out please!
    Noble Knight appears to have some.

I’m looking for the F-toys style Corsair, the P40 Warhawk, and the Hawker Hurricane.

After I get a few, I’ll be moving onto more German WW2 planes!
    “Flying is hours and hours of boredom sprinkled with a few seconds of sheer terror!” Gregory “Pappy” Boyington, USMC”

I've got some 1/144 WW2 planes I'd be willing to part with. 109's & 190's mostly

Similar Missions

1. WGSF Spitfire XIV
    By Foz in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 14:07
  2. Want to buy a Spitfire?
    By Degordon in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-22-2015, 10:28
  3. Spitfire Ace
    By Dowters in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 1