Ares Games

Thread: promo cards

Default promo cards

years ago i bought a used copy of famous aces and it came with these promo cards:

is this a desirable item?
    since i am never gonna use them i am wondering if i should put them up for trade or just give them away or something.
    any1 collecting this kinda stuff?

I love the background on these. I'm sure somebody would want them if you don't have a use for them. As for trade, sell or give away? I have no idea as to any value so you'd need to check eBay or how much you want to keep them for yourself.

to tell u the truth i don't really care that much and i know i am never gonna use them.

if somebody wants them enough to trade me a plane pack for it i would consider myself lucky.
    if not i was thinking of giving them away in a trivia contest or something like that...

If you bought kits or Shapeways models of these aircraft, you could paint them like the planes on the cards and then use the cards as the plane cards.

There were a number of promos that came with the early boxes and booster packs for Wings of War. They are all listed in the Current Contents file found at http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=723. I think the idea back them was to do exactly what a promo should, to promote the game and future purchases :-)......they worked!

Yeh..they were in the game boxes and the card packs..I THINK I have em all.

I value those cards because you can paint shapeways planes to match them and once you get a decent reserve of maneuver decks it allows you to play all sorts of planes you can not buy pre painted.

i know there are a couple forum members who play only via the cards. perhaps theyd be interested.

If you have all card based games and boosters, you own them all.
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Quote Originally Posted by Marechallannes View Post
    If you have all card based games and boosters, you own them all.
    Yup!
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

ok so if every set came with them, i guess they are not collectable at all.
    thanks

I saw a few card based sets on eBay. Which are the good ones to pursue?

Quote Originally Posted by Ken at Sunrise View Post
    I saw a few card based sets on eBay. Which are the good ones to pursue?
    you can find the original rulebooks for the WoW sets here:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...hp?do=cat&id=5

Quote Originally Posted by Davey Jones View Post
    you can find the original rulebooks for the WoW sets here:
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...hp?do=cat&id=5
    I've downloaded a few of the original rulebooks. I was just wondering about collecting some of the plane cards for the older expansions. Probably not going to as I've never actually played with cards only and I'd just be collecting them for looks and the other pilots.

Got all the card decks and expansion boxes except the Zepplin one (3 on E-bay right now). I like the cards, am building a reserve of maneuver decks, and love the heavy cardboard dashboards they used to give you. Once I find a good source of painting guides for WWI aircraft I am in business to crank out shapeways airframes.

i only have the duel packs atm and not the boxed set, but afaik there are no balloons in the game yet.
    so maybe burning drachens is worth a look.
    the other sets i think are just famous pilots, 2 seater and giant bombers which are already in the game.

Similar Missions

1. WGF WTS ace & skill cards promo and ace career cards promo OR WTB kickstarter ace cards
    By gr3yh47 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2017, 07:20
  2. Ace Cards Promo Pack 2
    By Nightbomber in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-22-2012, 08:14
  3. WW1 - Ace Cards Promo Pack available at BGG store
    By Madboyo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 12-03-2012, 19:10
  4. WoG Aces Cards Promo Pack