Ares Games

Thread: Traverse City Rules; 'CH Deck'.

Default Traverse City Rules; 'CH Deck'.

This question is for "Charlie 3", "LGKR" or anyone using or familiar with these rules: we're thinking about using this set of rules. However, pages 3 and 9 refer to a 'Critical Hits Deck' which I can't find anywhere. Can anyone post it or direct me to facsimilies which we can reproduce or print out? Thanks! Walt

It is in the files section of this site under World War I - Game Aids. Here's a link:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=409

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    It is in the files section of this site under World War I - Game Aids. Here's a link:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=409
    Thanks tuladin!! Very helpful indeed! I like these rules and how they (and the cards, I now see) add flavor and depth to our game without in any way detracting from it. Hats off to "charlie3", "LGKR" and whoever else was responsible. Walt

Thanks to Tuladin for responding and Thank you Walt, putting our rule book together was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LGKR View Post
    Thanks to Tuladin for responding and Thank you Walt, putting our rule book together was fun.
    Yes thanks for the accolade. LGKR and I collaborated on the rules in the book, although he did all the publishing work.

We have given a copy to all of our members and keep an open copy in the store we play at. The rules themselves have been adjusted a few times as new official rules come out, and as our players make suggestions which we all vote on. This keeps everyone more or less happy with how we play.

There was one funny incident however. After playing with us for about 4 months, one of our players was surprised to find that many of our house rules were NOT in the official rules! It just goes to show how flexible this game really is, and that if you are careful you can add rules to suit your playing style without creating a monster hard to play game.
    Last edited by Charlie3; 11-28-2010 at 13:12.

Name
    Don
    Sorties Flown

I still Die. . .a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    I still Die. . .a lot.
    OK Don... I am going to reveal a closely guarded secret...We did all agreed on the first night you joined us to target YOU first in any game...an idea I liked 'cause I used to be the target of choice!

When I was able to sneek away a few weeks ago and play I flew 3 missions, got filled with holes and didn't make a single kill I survive missions and don't get anything but patches on my aircraft for it. I heard Matt had an Ace and didn't realize it until he got shot down I really miss my weekly fix

Name
    Don
    Sorties Flown

Well Matt likes me, I do believe he was Col. Popcorn before I came in.
    I of course have surpassed everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE as in everyone who plays, In the explosions category.
    Next week I am going back to being a German. I have an Albatross pilot with16 missions and 5 kills, I will sacrifice, I mean attempt to do better with.

maybe you should upgrade him to a dr1 with armor plate?

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Powell View Post
    This question is for "Charlie 3", "LGKR" or anyone using or familiar with these rules: we're thinking about using this set of rules. However, pages 3 and 9 refer to a 'Critical Hits Deck' which I can't find anywhere. Can anyone post it or direct me to facsimilies which we can reproduce or print out? Thanks! Walt
    I remember asking that same question not to long ago.

Tom

Similar Missions

1. Traverse City, Michigan - League Rulebook Question
    By CappyTom in forum WGF: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-18-2012, 21:44
  2. FLOODING IN MY HOME CITY
    By usmc1855 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2010, 18:27