Ares Games

Thread: New decals

Default New decals

I know you are busy but this is a new area to fill.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

I would agree with Bob! As a fan of North Africa and the MTO, I just ordered some Macchi 202s and Fiat G 55s - going to do the Macchis for North Africa and the Fiats for late 43 to 45 co-belligerent forces...sadly I don't find any post-Italy switching sides decals...

1/144 Direct has some generic desert stuff - wing and fuselage decals - but there doesn't seem to be any of the later stuff out there, nor does there seem to be much in the way of all the cool Italian squadron insignia...

Any help you might feel inclined to provide would be appreciated......although I'm sure it's not too heavily subscribed...

All the best,
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by matt56 View Post
    I would agree with Bob! As a fan of North Africa and the MTO, I just ordered some Macchi 202s and Fiat G 55s - going to do the Macchis for North Africa and the Fiats for late 43 to 45 co-belligerent forces...sadly I don't find any post-Italy switching sides decals...

1/144 Direct has some generic desert stuff - wing and fuselage decals - but there doesn't seem to be any of the later stuff out there, nor does there seem to be much in the way of all the cool Italian squadron insignia...

Any help you might feel inclined to provide would be appreciated......although I'm sure it's not too heavily subscribed...

All the best,
    Matt
    I've never been crazy about the RSI's insignia (I always call the ANR the 'postage stamp air force'), and Co-Belligerent pilots found themselves in American or British aircraft very quickly, but there aren't any 1/200 marking options out there for either that I'm aware of, and more Stormo insignia, fuselage fasces, white theater bands, etc. for the Regia Aeronautica would always be welcome. I'd be another subscriber .
    Last edited by DarrylH; 08-30-2017 at 00:51.

Miscellaneous Miniatures
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kevin
    Sorties Flown

Added to the list.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Thanks, Kevin! The 'postage stamp' wing and fuselage insignia, along with various squadron insignia, would be really cool!

All the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. Dom's Decals M.I.A. ?
    By surfimp in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-24-2017, 13:06
  2. Decals all over
    By Lino22 in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-03-2013, 23:54
  3. Decals?