Ares Games

Thread: Sloppy or loose altitude pegs...

Default Sloppy or loose altitude pegs...

Hi everybody! We just started collecting/playing WOW, recently. And upon opening several boxes of planes, we noticed that some of the altitude pegs and some of the bottoms of the planes were really wobbly. This was a hassel when picking the plane/base up to move it. I've come across a rather remarkable product that I have found many uses for in the war gaming world.
    "Aleen's TACK-IT Over & Over", is a pressure senitive liquid glue, which is sold in most craft shops. It looks like any white glue, and it dries clear. Actualy it never dries, but remains very sticky. All I did was just put a dab with a small brush on the bottom peg of the plane and more small dabs on each altitude peg. Let it dry over nite, and use the next day. Everything goes together and really hangs in there. But you are able to pull everything apart as many times as you wish! You can actualy hold on and move the model with as many as 6-7 pegs. And it remains tall & proud! After the game, pull everything apart and put all your pegs in a plastic container until next time.
    Thanks for your interest, Joe

Thanks Joe!

That is definitely a useful tip!
    Ken Head - "The Cowman"
    “You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.” Robin Williams

You may have to really search for it. It comes in a lihgt green & white, 4 oz. plastic bottle. It's actually for applying appliques to fabric. Most craft shops, sewing shops should have it, or you could just look them up online. ww.duncancrafts.com
    I've been using this suff for years for under coating plastic war gaming figures, so that the paint would not crack & flake off if the figure was bent or dropped. The figure can be tossed across a room & the paint stays put! Really. Good luck, Joe

That is a really useful tip Joe, and worthy of some reputation.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Default stop the slopp

it works great. we where go nutts with some of the planes coming off.joe fix it up fast. and we don't have that stuff no more!!

Thanks for a great tip! ...after you're done playing, won't the pegs stick to everything they come into contact with?

Well if you put them into a small plastic container with a lid, the only thing they will cling to is themselves. And it's no biggie, they pull apart easily. When you apply the stuff don't over do it, juat put it on the tips of the pegs & the peg thats on the belly of the plane. A little bit goes a long way! Joe

Thumbs up Great Idea!

That sounds like a glue I got from...ScenicWoodlands(?)...or whatever the company was called, to use for putting the greenery on trees for model railroading. I noticed the stuff never really dried, and if some of the folliage fell off, you just grabbed it and stuck it back on.

I think I may still have a bottle of it in the basement, never thought of trying it on the WoW stands, great idea Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by kaufschtick View Post
    That sounds like a glue I got from...ScenicWoodlands(?)...or whatever the company was called...
    Close. It's Woodland Scenics.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Keith Todd
    Sorties Flown

Museum gel works well for this also.

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by tuladin View Post
    Close. It's Woodland Scenics.
    I tried that to put a bit more friction on the gimbal mounts and found the same. It is still slightly tacky.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by kaufschtick View Post
    That sounds like a glue I got from...ScenicWoodlands(?)...or whatever the company was called, to use for putting the greenery on trees for model railroading. I noticed the stuff never really dried, and if some of the folliage fell off, you just grabbed it and stuck it back on.

I think I may still have a bottle of it in the basement, never thought of trying it on the WoW stands, great idea Joe!
    Rob...you're avatar is f a d i n g come back.

Quote Originally Posted by MayorJim View Post
    Rob...you're avatar is f a d i n g come back.
    How long have you been Captain captain Jim?
    Rob.

Hello all! Just make sure no matter what you use, after play, take all your pegs apart & put them in a plastic container. You got to watch for DUST & LINT, as this stuff just loves to stick to it! And if it ever wears off it's ever so easy to reapply. Just don't go overboard putting it on, a little goes a l-o-n-g way. Plastic is best for storage, as cardboard will probably stick, and I imagine foam may stick & rip apart. Thanks for your interest! Joe

Similar Missions

1. Home made fly pegs
    By PAV in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-17-2011, 14:41
  2. Altitude Pegs Question
    By sparty in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 12-28-2010, 05:36
  3. Altitude Pegs
    By Kodiak in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6