Ares Games

Thread: Dom's Decals M.I.A. ?

Default Dom's Decals M.I.A. ?

I placed an order with Dom's Decals over a month ago and have yet to receive my items, nor received responses to a number of emails sent to inquire as to order status.

I understand Dom does this in his spare time and am trying to be patient, but it would be nice to hear whether or not my order can be fulfilled. Hoping Dom is OK, I've PM'ed here, too, but to no avail.

I'm looking for English cockades for use on some Sopwith Pup models I'm trying to finish in time for Bloody April, and I'm afraid I won't be able to as this order has been delayed so long.

I inquired about decals once and didn't get a response, so I didn't place an order. Hope yours turns out okay.

Dom isn't the most efficient shop, but the quality is worth the wait. Don't worry, he teaches us patience in the end.

Ian

2ndlife

I placed an order with Dom in January and I too had no reply to my emails to his address, after a while I carried out a search on the internet and various other forums and found that he was aparently suffering from a combination of issues, one with his ISP where he has been unable to send outgoing mail and another separate issue which had also delayed his getting through his backlog.
    I have just received my order today from him, and going by the forum on 'TMP' he is working through his backlog now.

Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    I placed an order with Dom's Decals over a month ago and have yet to receive my items, nor received responses to a number of emails sent to inquire as to order status.

I understand Dom does this in his spare time and am trying to be patient, but it would be nice to hear whether or not my order can be fulfilled. Hoping Dom is OK, I've PM'ed here, too, but to no avail.

I'm looking for English cockades for use on some Sopwith Pup models I'm trying to finish in time for Bloody April, and I'm afraid I won't be able to as this order has been delayed so long.
    Dom's products are very good, but as others have mentioned, he's probably not the source to use if you have a looming deadline. These decals by forum member Mehusla on Ebay should fit the bill http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-300-1-200-...-/111300999482 , and his turnaround is very fast--I've received decals in Nevada a week after placing the order.

Dom's decals are very good but don't hold your breath waiting for them to arrive. They will arrive but just not very quickly. I have ordered several times and am very happy with the product.

I echo what the others said.

Great decals from a very nice chap, but as a part-time producer life can get in his way sometimes.

I have had multiple orders from him (planes as well as decal sheets) and am still happy to recommend him to others.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Thanks all for the replies. I've ordered from Mehulsa, and hopefully that will get my project back on track.

I don't know if you noticed but if you go to the Market Place in here you will see MISCMINI decals. I have ordered from him and have had very good results. He usually gets the decals out the next day after you order. I have used his Betty and Nell decals and they turned out great. I asked him about a special order and he said he would see what he could do but I don't want to disrupt what he is doing so I can do without or wait.

Similar Missions

1. Decals?
    By freebird-52 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-25-2012, 23:51
  2. WW II U S Decals
    By Coog in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 18:52
  3. 1/200 Decals???
    By costampede in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 9