Ares Games

Thread: Hello all

JoshGallup

Default Hello all

Just saying hello, only played the WWII version before but just got a large collection of the WWI version and am rather excited to play. Got a moderate sized group that usually gets together once a month to play varied miniature war games in NW Ohio.

Welcome to the drome Josh. Fly safe and always watch your six!

Welcome to you from Bristol, UK

(welcoming head bobs) from the lizard.

Welcome to the Aerodrome Josh. Lots of pilots out there in Ohio. If you want some Wings of Glory immersion, think about Origins in June.

Welcome to the 'Drome, Josh, from Middlesex in the U.K.
    I laugh in the face of danger - then I hide until it goes away!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Josh, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Glad you found your way here, Josh! We have a group in SW Ohio who play WW1 Wings on a monthly basis - lots of the guys here are into other games and systems, as well.

Enjoy this place - there are lots of great people with great info and enthusiasm here!

All the best,
    Matt

Welcome, Josh, from Vancouver Island, British Columbia! Lots of players in your neck of the woods, compared to my island.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

On behalf of the Pilots based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Josh.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

welcome to the drome JoshGallup!!!! if you ever get around the celina oh area let me know!

Greetings, Josh, from Akron. No regular group by me, but I get to the monthly Columbus fly-in a few times a year.
    As Peter said, you can get a lot of flying in at Origins in June.
    Enjoy exploring the 'Drome, and don't be afraid to ask questions.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Welcome Josh. I hope you enjoy yourself as much as we all do. Great bunch of peple here always ready to help if you have any queries.

Welcome Josh. I am in NE Ohio. I am trying to get my group to play WoG WW1 on a regular basis. Perhaps we can do some combined gaming at some point.

As a thought for a half way point, the NOWS group of HGMS runs a mini con in September in Sheffield Lake. I usually show up and run WoG.
    There are 3-4 smaller ones in Beria, but I have to miss the next one (1-APR) due to work. I'm hoping they don't schedule the one after that during Origins, like they did last year
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thats not a bad idea Karl. I don't go to the NOWS CONS anymore. Not since the guy left who did the auctions - Dennis Alverez. One year, back when they were at the Armory on Snow Road, I was out of town for the con. I got home just in time to drive 40 miles in the rain just to witness Dennis! He was always in fine form.

Anyway, if we got a bunch of us there to game together maybe we could cherry pick a player or two for the NW and the NE groups.

Welcome in here. There is a good number of folks in your area so now you have people to meet and places to go. Have a good time meeting great new people.

Welcome from the West!

Hi Josh, welcome from England
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Thumbs up

G'day Josh & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the Pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.
    I bet you really enjoy the WW1 gaming. Lots more manoeuvre options!

Welcome, Josh, from South Australia.
    We have a small group of us who get together regularly to fly, although we are not a Club or Group.
    Enjoy WWI planes and their capabilities.

Hey another Ohioan! welcome from Southwest Ohio

Welcome to the Aerodrome Josh. Alot of good guys and gals from Ohio. Hope to see you at Origins in June.

Setarius's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies
    Users Country Flag

Name
    Dale
    Sorties Flown

Welcome Josh, from W. Ky. Have fun with what you have and don't be afraid to posted in the WWI after action sections.

Hi Josh - welcome to the 'drome from here in the UK

Welcome Josh. A great bit of luck and congratulations of having a large lot of planes Enjoy the forum, the best around, all things considered. "Watch your six, but once your on the ground in Oklahoma, watch what you step in"

Hello Josh and I also add my welcome to the 'drome from NE Ohio